Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activating Visa Debit card

Options
  • 13-05-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, I would like to confirm how tu activate my debit card. If I understand it right, I have to make a payment at the ATM. Does it mean that I have to pay a bill for instance? And second question, why isn´t there option to activate my card in my online bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Make a transaction at a boi atm will activate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hello, I would like to confirm how tu activate my debit card. If I understand it right, I have to make a payment at the ATM. Does it mean that I have to pay a bill for instance? And second question, why isn´t there option to activate my card in my online bank?
    Hi Mercurias94, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to Boards.ie. 

You can activate your card at any Bank of Ireland ATM by making a balance enquiry or withdrawing cash. You can also activate your card an any Chip and Pin serviced ATM by making a cash withdrawal. 

Our Online systems offer a wide range of services however, card activation is currently not within it's remit. We appreciate all our customers feedback and we will ensure to forward your suggestion to our Online Team. 

Thank you once again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mercurias94

Ok, thank you Elaine. I think I have activated my card by now. But I have a different problem. I couldn't withdraw any cash from ATM, even though I have sufficient funds. When I view my balance, it says my maximum withdrawal limit is 0 euro, how can I change that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Mercurias94, 

If you have lodged a cheque recently to your account this may explain what you are seeing. 

When a cheque is lodged it will appear as a credit to your account immediately. However, as cheque clearance times apply, the funds will be be available to use until the cheque is fully cleared. 

A domestic cheque can take 3 to 5 working days while an international cheque may take 4 to 6 weeks to clear. 

If this scenario does not address your current situation, we would ask that you call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 where a representative will be more than happy to investigate this further for you. 

We hope this helps.

Elaine 

Advertisement