Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM Hopups

Options
  • 13-05-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Tokyo Marui guns are widely regarded as the best on the market. Even though they typically shoot a lower fps, they normally have a better range than most other guns. So....why do we usually recommend g&g green hopup buckings when people ask for an upgrade path?

Should we not tell them to buy a TM bucking? I had a look and they are pretty easy to get hold of and cheap too. The chambers are a little more difficult but not impossible to source from any of the major overseas vendors.

Shouldn't we all add a little marui in our life? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

ShRT wrote: »
    Tokyo Marui guns are widely regarded as the best on the market. Even though they typically shoot a lower fps, they normally have a better range than most other guns. So....why do we usually recommend g&g green hopup buckings when people ask for an upgrade path?

Should we not tell them to buy a TM bucking? I had a look and they are pretty easy to get hold of and cheap too. The chambers are a little more difficult but not impossible to source from any of the major overseas vendors.

Shouldn't we all add a little marui in our life? :)

TM chambers are a split design and probably would not fit your standard aeg (i think), only other manufacturer that uses this design is KWA. Then you have compatibility with parts, have had bad experience with mis matched brands when it comes to the the hop up chamber, rubbers and nozzles etc. TM are arguably one of the best manufacturers of airsoft replicas both electric and gas.

If you want to maximise your range then buy a shot of rubbers, good brand bb's, clean the shizz outa the inner barrel and start testing, swap rubbers and nub, bb brands and see what combo gives the best. Have seen aegs that would be every bit as good when it comes to range if not better.

Advertisement