Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a DVR be installed in an atic?

Options
  • 13-05-2015 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Is it advisable to place a DVR in the attic? I am concerned about the heat, will it be an issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    Is it advisable to place a DVR in the attic? I am concerned about the heat, will it be an issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

Yes it can be.
    Have a look at this thread for helpful information.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mark..

As said in the link below, perfectly safe. thieves hate being cornered so tend not to crawl into an attic space! Stock a fire alarm up anyway for your own piece of mind

Mark.. wrote: »
    As said in the link below, perfectly safe. thieves hate being cornered so tend not to crawl into an attic space! Stock a fire alarm up anyway for your own piece of mind

Due to the location a combi head would be more advisable to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

Thanks for the responses. Not sure what a combi head is can you explain, please. Also has anyone any experience or opinions on QVIS IP HD cameras?

Thanks for the responses. Not sure what a combi head is can you explain, please. Also has anyone any experience or opinions on QVIS IP HD cameras?

A combi detector would need to detect smoke and heat. In dusty places this would be the best option. I would look at the Hik Vision IP equipment. Great value for money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement