Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst clash at a festival

Options
  • 13-05-2015 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by a thread in the Glastonbury forum, what was your worst clash at a music festival, who did you sacrifice to witness? Mine was possibly Electric Picnic 2009 with Madness versus Chic, I opted for Madness as one of my best buddies was at this particular Picnic and he is a big Madness fan. Anyway I made up for that by catching Chic at EP last year.

Edit: Just remembered another from the 2009 EP edition, 2ManyDjs versus Moderat, the 2ManyDjs gig was pretty good but grew bored with it halfway through, I'm sure I remember walking by the Little Big Tent so Moderat must have been within an earshot. I got into them later on after hearing the broadcast of the show on RTE, so theoretically not a real life gig clash as such.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pixies and Pearl Jam at rock werchter last year. Thankfully had seen pixies the week before. Even Eddie moaned about not being able to catch pixies set, played a few lines of Where is my Mind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Paolo Nutini versus Arcade Fire last year at Glastonbury, opted for Paolo as I was loving the new album and I was seeing Arcade Fire in Marlay Park a few weeks later. This was the best of an unbelievable set

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Roger waters versus needing to sleep after 7 days of festival at Roskilde in 2006 was pretty bad. Just couldn't get out if the tent. I hear it was good :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Mine was a clash that wasn't! When I left Metronomy at the Picnic last year who I was really enjoying and went to FKA Twigs who didn't bother showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2 for me at Oxegen. Pete Doherty and Yeah Yeah Yeah's clashed. Opted for Pete Doherty and was happy with my descion. Other one was tougher - The Kooks vs. MGMT in 2008. Was a huge fan of Kooks and MGMT were only new. Went with Kooks and they were brilliant but MGMT was meant to have been one of the festival highlights and the tent was overcrowded for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

From a Picnic point of view Squarepusher vs Orbital clashes in 2012 was one of the dumbest scheduling clashes going. Two the very few vintage electronic names on the line up for the older folk and they decided to put them on at the same time. No one showed up for squarepusher.

Arcade fire versus Public Enemy i found tough.

Ive also had to deal with Leftfield clash with the bloody beatroots twice, once at EP , the again at Forbidden Fruit.

I think the most famous one was Arcade fire vs Fatboy Slim vs David Guetta at Oxegen. The one where Arcade fire told MCD they wouldn't play there again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Electric Picnic 2010; I bought my ticket primarily for LCD Soundsystem & The Frames. Of course there was no real competition when they clashed and LCD were amazing. That same night then had the above Leftfield vs Bloody Beetroots clash. Went with Leftfield.

Also think it was that same year that Friendly Fires, Fight Like Apes & Two Door Cinema Club all clashed; went to FLApes & caught the end of Friendly Fires.

Advertisement