Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home alarm system.

Options
  • 14-05-2015 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Currently have a concord phone watch system with monitoring also phonewatch. Going to change system altogether so looking advice on what to look for and a rough idea of costs involved.

Looking to upgrade to :
    1 x control unit
    9 x window sensor
    3 x door sensor
    1 x external bell
    2 x internal sensor pir?
    1 x sensor for garage
    1 x sensor for shed.
    2 x wireless keypads
    1 x smoke alarm.
    + software
    + monitoring/ month
    I would also like the ability to access system via an App or online.?
    I would like to add to system at later stage, access gate automation? CCTV?
    Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

GSD or Risco would be a good choice for wireless or wired sensors. Both these systems would also give you free apps and free remote access. Prices would vary a lot, the recommendation would be get at least 3 quotes and compare like with like. Insist on a proper site survey and do not accept any quotes over the phone. They won't be accurate and you may end up with surprise extras.
    As a quotation you should receive a full system design proposal listing everything and showing prices for extras and service and maintenance. Also ask what's included in any maintenance and monitoring contracts. Some companies limit these to one or 2 calls per year. A proper maintenance contract should cover all callouts and labour IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Optimum wrote: »
    Currently have a concord phone watch system with monitoring also phonewatch. Going to change system altogether so looking advice on what to look for and a rough idea of costs involved.

Looking to upgrade to :
    1 x control unit
    9 x window sensor
    3 x door sensor
    1 x external bell
    2 x internal sensor pir?
    1 x sensor for garage
    1 x sensor for shed.
    2 x wireless keypads
    1 x smoke alarm.
    + software
    + monitoring/ month
    I would also like the ability to access system via an App or online.?
    I would like to add to system at later stage, access gate automation? CCTV?
    Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks.

Have you an issue with the system you have in place?
    If not you could add a dialer to the system to self monitor the alarm.

Advertisement