Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp gauge on little Lidl alarm clock - accurate?

Options
  • 14-05-2015 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't decide what forum this belonged in (even considered the Weather one), but was just looking at my little cheap alarm clock and was wondering how accurate the temperature gauge really would be?

The only opening on the unit I could see was where the sound came out, so how does it accurately tell temp?

Or should I take it with a big pinch of salt?

1628861_1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

With a major pinch of salt. I have a desk clock with an LCD display and very similar to yours which I bought in the Science Museum in London. The temperature gauge is hopelessly inaccurate, typically showing well above the actual temperature, mainly because there's no airflow through it so it's essentially measuring the temperature of the air that's trapped inside the unit.

Advertisement