Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech alarm CD34 low battery/Issue when reconnecting battery in external siren box

Options
  • 14-05-2015 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hoping for a little help here.On Tuesday the ESB were doing some upgrade work beside us and cut off the power for about 9 hrs.When the power went off our alarm keypads started to give a continiuos beep and showed low battery so i inputted the code but it didnt stop and keypads kept beeping.After about 2 hours the wife was getting annoyed with the noise so i decided to disconnect the battery in the control panel.This powered down the system and stopped the keypads beeping and displays went blank but this then caused the external box/siren to start going off so I reconnected the battery in control box but the external siren was still going off ,I then got out the ladder and went up to the external box and disconnected the rechargable battery in it to stop the siren.
    On Tuesday evening when the power came back I reconnected the external siren battery and the sounders started going off I reinstalled the cover on box (as it has a micro switch/tamper switch) and went inside and reconnected the battery in control panel ( measured low voltage of about 10.8v) and turned back on the mains power.The internal siren went off as well but inputting my code stopped this but the external siren keeps going off and I dont know how to stop it,i left it about 5 mins but keeps going.So for now i just had to disconnect the battery in the external siren box to keep it quiet.

I have not tried to arm the alarm to see what would happen but no zones are showing as open or inhibit and no messages on the keypads but there is an amber led showing under the mains led which is some kind of fault ?Could this be because of the low control panel battery or does the keypad know that the external siren box battery is disconnected.
    I have today got a new 12v7ah battery and will install tonight to see if that makes any difference.

I am just wondering is there some special method or something else I need to do when i reconnect the battery in external box.Any info I would be greatfull,or if any other detals needed I can supply.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The first thing I would do is power the panel up on mains only. The low battery could be drawing the power down.
    If the bell is still sounding outside after you enter your code see what error messages are showing on the keypad.
    If all is OK then connect the new battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Currently the battery in the external siren box is disconnected.So I tried the following yesterday evening.
    I had the control panel powered off mains and battery disconnected in control panel and battery in external box disconnected.I went up the ladder and connected the battery in the siren box and sirens went off and kept going ,i then went to the control panel and reconnected the battery and powered up and the internal sirens went off but once I entered the code the internal ones stopped but the outside one kept going off,I did not see any messages on display just the amble led for trouble ??
    It seems that once i connect the battery in the external siren box it goes off and wont stop unless i disconnect the battery.
    I was wondering was it anything to do with the switch for the lid on the external siren box but I think I put it back on the same way (are these switches normally open or closed with the lid on as i can test with a multimeter to make sure swiych is operating or should my display panel show a tamper message it i was to power up the external siren box with the lid off.Sorry for all the questions.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For the external bell to stop ringing if must be closed.
    Don't reconnect the old battery to the panel as it may be drawing the panel power down.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Thanks for replys Koolkid.
    I have a new battery 12 7ah got for the control panel and currently the battery in external siren box is disconnected.I will try to and install this new battery in control panel this evening or tomorrow.
    Should i reconnect the battery in the external box before i power off the maincontrol panel to install the new control panel battery or what sequence should i follow.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

ballybro wrote: »
    Thanks for replys Koolkid.
    I have a new battery 12 7ah got for the control panel and currently the battery in external siren box is disconnected.I will try to and install this new battery in control panel this evening or tomorrow.
    Should i reconnect the battery in the external box before i power off the maincontrol panel to install the new control panel battery or what sequence should i follow.Thanks

If you have disconnected the battery in the external bell then yes it should be reconnected. When you power the main system up on the battery the bell will ring so just put in your user code on the keypad to silence. When you have it all closed up turn back on the mains going to the panel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement