Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy With Auctioneer

Options
  • 14-05-2015 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hello,

Just looking for some advice as I can't really find anything through Google. Within the last couple of weeks we put our house up for sale and so far I am very unhappy with our auctioneer. Basically he has been doing the absolute minimum.
    When placing our ad on Daft.ie he made several major mistakes such as placing our house on Google Maps about 15km away from our actual location, stating the incorrect amount of bedrooms and a few other things. There are 11 rooms in our house and he only put up three (terrible and blurry) photos. I had to take all of the photos myself and when I sent them on to him to put up he said he was having problems uploading them so he gave me the e-mail address of a Daft.ie employee and asked me to send them to him myself, which I did. When he (eventually) put up the For Sale sign he placed it away from the main road so basically only our neighbors could see it. I had to ask him to come back and place a sign over by the main road which then took a few days to happen.
    There's a few other things but what's pushed me to come to this forum was that I checked his website and he still has not put our ad up a couple of weeks later and there is no ad up on his store window.
    I just wanted to know where I stand if I wanted rid of this guy. I feel like I've been doing all the work and am wondering why this guy will be getting thousands for the sale of my house. Is there some kind of cooling off period where I can sack him and not have to pay out thousands? Like I said it's only been a couple of weeks. Also, he took away the contract before I had actually signed it so he only has my partners signature. Obviously I would pay him for the cost of putting up the ad on Daft.ie and for his time putting up the two For Sale signs.

Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Read the contract locate termination clauses and act on them. Engage a solr if the clauses are not obvious.

This is a contract issue and as legal advice is not permitted that's about as much as we can offer you by way of advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Old McGroin

Read the contract locate termination clauses and act on them. Engage a solr if the clauses are not obvious.

This is a contract issue and as legal advice is not permitted that's about as much as we can offer you by way of advice.

Okay, thanks Morrigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

Go above his head, to his manager and complain.
    And if you don't get anywhere, I am sure there is a board for auctioneers where you could complain to as well.

Advertisement