Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

infraction

Options
  • 14-05-2015 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

I received an infraction, i appealed to the mod in question, he said no go.
    He said I was arguing with the mod.
    I was not.
    The fact is a mod - mrs o bummbles - came into a thread i was posting on and attacked my posts, only my posts.

I thought the mod was only posting her own feelings, so i posted back a nice comment.

Another mod - nody - than gave me an infraction.
    I was accused of trying to pit public v private.
    I was told i had to back up all my posts - no other poster was.
    I was told to be civil - i was.

The thread has since been locked, why i do not know.
    That thread had no heated discussion until the mods came in.

i wish to appeal my infraction and i wish to appeal the thread being closed.
    I realise mods do this for free and do a good job, but this total killjoy by 2 mods.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi - just to let you know that your complaint has been logged. Either Davy or I will look into this dispute.

Can you please forward your PM conversation with the mods to Davy and I. One of us (to be decided) will start to look into it.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

cheers for that, have sent you the private messages.

If you look at the original thread, mrs o bumbbles attacks my posts, I did not think she was posting as a mod.
    if you look at the post i responded to by mrs o bummbles, and the private message she sent me later, that is not acceptable behaviour for a mod.

As for Nody he red carded me, yellowed a few others and than for no particular reason locked the thread.
    Totally bizarre, there was no heated discussion, mrs o bummbles and nody destroyed the thread for no good reason,
    if you read that thread you will see it was all very tame.

If some mods behaviour on boards is not checked, there will be no one but mods left on boards.

QuinDixie - firstly, thank you for forwarding copies of your PM communications with the Work & Jobs mods.

I have reviewed the entire thread in question, paying particular intention to your posts, and to the moderator posts.

In the thread in question, you had taken quite a strong position, and in my opinion, you were not being entirely civil with other posters who disagreed. When combined with the public/private sector angle introduced by another poster, the thread was starting to veer off course. Hence the moderator intervention.

You were warned to stay civil, which was fair in my opinion. And in order to help other posters understand your position, you were asked to provide a link or some basis for your position. Nothing wrong with that from my perspective as a Category Moderator. This was an on-thread warning by a moderator, and it is generally used to prevent escalation to warnings, infractions or bans.

You then posted on thread, rejecting the moderator instruction. Arguing on thread with a moderator is a clear no-no on Boards and hence you were awarded an infraction. There are other avenues to question moderators, but doing so on thread is not allowed.

For me, this is a clear cut decision and I uphold the infraction. You can either accept this decision or request an Admin review. If you accept this decision, we can mark the issue as resolved and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

I do not accept your decision and if that is your final decision
    I would like to go further with the appeal.

I am surprised you feel that way, if you read her pm to me she says her personnel views was why she decided to answer my posts and to look for links.
    Can mods act like that, hand out warnings for what they do not agree with.

Could you please ask admin to look at this for me.

cheers

Admin review requested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Boards rules have always been very clear - you are not permitted to argue with a mod decision on-thread. This is because such arguments generally lead to the thread being derailed. If you disagree with a mod decision you should PM the mod in question or the CMods if you're not happy with the response you received from the mod. So when you post "i refuse to accept this written warning" it really leaves the mod with no choice other than to infract you. Infraction upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement