Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented Apartment Room Change

Options
  • 14-05-2015 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Morning all, first time poster on this forum so sorry if this is against any charter but I don't think it is (although it may be a silly question)

Basically myself and the OH are about to rent an apartment, first time for both of us renting, I was just wondering that we have a spare bedroom and we would like to change that into something else. An office preferably. Is that something we can do? There is already furnishing in it so we would have to move a bed/wardrobe etc. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

I am sure it is allowed as long as the furniture bed, wardrobe etc is kept in the apartment and kept in good condition. I don't think any landlord would care as long as it was put back to normal once ye move out.

If you want to remove the bed, wardrobe from the apartment and into storage then i would be asking for the landlord's permission as these items are not yours to remove. But I am sure if you are placing them into legitimate storage and paying for the storage costs yourself then the landlord will not mind but I would inform him first and ask permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

The only thing I could really do in that situation is turn the bed up against the wall so :pac:

I was hoping maybe the landlord would be able to facilitate by taking the bed maybe but I guess that is a bit much to ask as he'd have to have storage etc.

Thanks nonetheless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

No harm in asking the landlord to remove furniture if you don't need it. Not every landlord will accommodate your request but you may as well ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Ask the landlord. It may suit him as he may have storage. Also if it keeps ye happy there is a chance that ye will stay longer thus saving him time and money organising a new letting.

Advertisement