Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Informal lease/not prtb registered/overdue water charges

Options
  • 14-05-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

So this morning we received en envelope containing multiple different documents from Irish water that were sent to our landlords home address, we didn't receive anything at any stage, even addressed to the occupier. It says on the letter he sent us with his name on that the house hasn't signed up with Irish water and I'm guessing it has been sent months ago. The other part in the envelope is the bill that is now overdue by 10 days. Now we have actually been in touch with the landlord over the last few weeks as there are a couple of issues in the house still outstanding and none of this has been mentioned. These were also the only things in the envelope, nothing written by him either. This has really annoyed me, we aren't happy about water charges but that is not the issue here at the minute, he has sent us an already overdue bill that we had known nothing about despite speaking to him quite recently. We have no written lease, only a receipt for the deposit we gave him which also says that both parties should give 30 days notice. Along with a few other little complaints this has really annoyed me. He is not registered with PRTB and there have been one or 2 issues outstanding for months. What do I do here, realistically I'm not going to land him in any trouble going to prtb about anything but how do I approach this? Irish water is going to be a source of contention for aloy of landlords right now and this has made things so much worse!!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement