Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirit Box Sessions

Options
  • 14-05-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

So folks I know there are a lot of skeptics out there and I do truly believe a good healthy dose of sketicism can keep you from losing it. I thought however it's time I might share some of my recent spirit box sessions with with the forum. I'll start by saying how it was all done. The recorder was lined directly into the box to rule out any contamination. The antenna was off and I was sweeping at 100 to 200 milli-seconds. I'm sure I've posted about different experiences I've had over the years but all you can do is describe an event to someone and 9 times out of 10 they may think you are crazy.

Either way I put up a playlist which I'll be adding to every now and then. Have a listen and tell me what you think.

Also use headphones if you have them nearby, it can be hard to make out a lot of it without them.

https://soundcloud.com/lisatiffany/sets/sb11-sessions-2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

assuming the spiritbox takes its audio from scanning audio channels or from a built in vocabulary, I dont think they help in paranormal research at all. I have as much faith in a spirit box than in a franks box - ie, none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

You know maccored I would have said the same thing had I not actually tried to use one. I don't know if most people can get the same results but there are a quite a few of us sensitives in my family so it could be a factor for getting the messages I have been pulling in. Some of the messages are very enlightening, while others are almost sad and upsetting. The majority of the upsetting ones are from either lost souls or earthbound spirits. I completely understand your scepticism but the device has no built in vocabulary and they do answer specific questions I put to them. Go ahead and listen to one or two clips and then see what you think. Again I'd have been in the same boat had I not tried one myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What exactly is the device & how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What exactly is being said, very difficult to make out.

but the device has no built in vocabulary

a 'spiritbox' is based on either a built in vocabulary or a radio signal. what I hear in your clip sounds like a radio broadcast cutting in. Im all for researching the paranormal,. but I think spirit/franks boxs are nothing more than gimmicks, designed to ensure people always get a successful 'communication' (considering how rare genuine interaction can be).

When looking for evps i do the opposite and make sure theres as little chance as possible for anything to be coming from an external source.

I think if you use a device that purposefully reuses radio signals then you have to accept that anything you hear on it is more than likely a radio signal - or at least you cant discount the possibility. Thats just logical.

• Advertisement

Advertisement