Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bike Stolen - Honda SP1 - North Dublin

• 14-05-2015 1:42pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ladss one of my good mates had his bike stolen just now from outside his work. He had it parked just outside the door - lots of people were standing around smoking etc. Some guy came walked down wearing a helmet and a high viz jacket - hopped on the bike and somehow had it gone in 10 seconds. They have the CCTV.

Please be on the lookout and let me know.

Make & Model: Honda SP1
    Colour: Red
    Reg: 00 C 38072
    Location Stolen From:Approx. 2hr ago East Point Business Dublin 3
    Any distinguishing Features: Viper Exhaust, Clifford Alarm!!!! WHITE STICKER KIT
    Gold Break Disks, tinted indicators

bike2_zps4mnomdpg.jpg
    20150510_215110_zpsblnnvifs.jpg
    bike3_zps9pcpwmwn.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Get it up on FB collie, word seems te spread very fast on that. Pm me or post up any other links and we will share them.

Lovely bike to have taken and hard to replace. Bastards

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Here you go: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153313658641810&set=a.64147151809.91529.628466809 - anyone who can share this it would be appreciated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Zascar wrote: »
    Here you go: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153313658641810&set=a.64147151809.91529.628466809 - anyone who can share this it would be appreciated...

Shared it on Motorcycle Buy and Sell Ireland group, pretty active so should get loads of views!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Not sure what they'll do with it apart from exporting it on the next ferry. An SP1 isnt exactly east to hide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

KTR1C wrote: »
    Not sure what they'll do with it apart from exporting it on the next ferry. An SP1 isnt exactly east to hide.

Depends on the rider really!
    They are fairly rare in good condition, could be parted out too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 D35

Thanks Guys, appreciate it

So it looks like he drove in past security on I think a Honda VFR400 parked beside it broke the lock then drove off and walked back.

Had to sly this photo cause of BS data protection laws

Wearing a High Viz

2015-05-14%2016.06.54_zpsnhjszby4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 42 D35

Things that are different

Rear wheel Chrome - Front wheel Black

White Crash bobbins (not commen)

Gold front brake discs (ordered the wrong colour looks wrong)

Hand made reg plate very small and illegal no logo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Jesus that's rough and sounds professional. Most likely in the container by now but also a chance will be stashed and used in robbery. Feckin bas tards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Broad ****in daylight not a care in the world....ffs. Deffo sounds like they knew what they were doing....really cant piss nowadays with a high end bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

As a matter of interest did your friend have a heavy duty chain on it or what kind of lock was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Shared to my FB, Without a doubt the bike was being watched before hand, cctv show any "new people" smokin outside? What happened the vfr he drove in on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Jeez, that's shyte.

How did they get past the alarm/immobiliser ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

Any luck mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Id say that was on the ferry or dismantled couple hrs after been taken TBH....

Advertisement