Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Payment text

Options
  • 14-05-2015 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi
    I got a text this morning to remind me that 'your credit card payment date is approaching'... I've never been sent a text like this before, my credit card payment is made monthly on the 20th by direct debit from my BOI account (and has been for years.)
    Is this a signal that something has gone wrong with the established direct debit, or are these texts new?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Shivi111, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie

We can confirm that Bank of Ireland are now issuing texts to all Republic of Ireland customers who have their mobile listed on their credit card file. This is just as a reminder that the due date for payment is approaching. 

This is simply to assist customers with avoiding Late Payment fees or return Direct Debit charges. This will not impact any direct debit instructions currently in place. 

Should you wish to opt out of this notification please follow the STOP instructions on the text message. 

We hope this helps clarify your question and if we can assist with anything else, please feel free to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Do BoI have this info already for most people by default? I would like very much to receive these reminders if it's on file.

Actually, it would be even more useful to me and some others I imagine if this was available via email rather than text too. Perhaps this suggestion could be passed on. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Red Alert wrote: »
    Do BoI have this info already for most people by default? I would like very much to receive these reminders if it's on file.

Actually, it would be even more useful to me and some others I imagine if this was available via email rather than text too. Perhaps this suggestion could be passed on. 
    Hi Red Alert,

Thanks for your post.

Please call Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 / +353 56 7757747 and a rep with account access will check if your mobile number is registered on your credit card file.

I will pass on your suggestion about having an email notification option to Credit Card Services.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement