Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Nappies for a 1yr old

Options
  • 14-05-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭

Having a bit of a problem with poo filled nappies in the morning, seems to be going everywhere, out the legs up the back, kid sleep 12hrs + every night but it's ending in a mess every morning, currently using pampers active fit 4 and want to try something else tonight any suggestions, he's quite thin so moving up a size i'm thinking it might make things worse...need something that will hold a good lot over night, he does't wake up at night so don't want to have to wake him just for a nappy change...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I always found pampers babydry to be the best. They fitted my daughter perfectly and I rarely had any leaks at any stage of her nappy wearing.
    It depends on the baby though, so it tends to be trial and error until you find what suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

+1 on babydry pampers. Found the active ones leaky - I felt the coverage was a little less to let them move more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Is there any chance at all that he is waking briefly at night and you could change him then? I vaguely remember hearing something about this somewhere that babies only poo in their sleep when very young, older babies do it rarely so most who do poo at night are because they've woken up already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

We use mostly Pampers Babydry and the Aldi own brand (Mamia) ... Could be worth trying a pack of the Aldi ones. Other ones we've tried were Lidl and Boots own brand, not a fan of either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

+1 on baby dry. I thought they were much better than actifit. Also agree that's it a little strange to their poo at night. Not much you can do about it but maybe check when you're going to bed to make sure they haven't gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks everyone the baby dry seems to have done the job, tried them the day of this post and no major incident since, was using active fit pampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

Thanks everyone the baby dry seems to have done the job, tried them the day of this post and no major incident since, was using active fit pampers.

No harm sticking with Active Fit during the day and using Baby Dry during the night, I think that's what we did for a long time ... as far as I remember Active Fit are a bit cheaper, every little helps!! ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Malabeans

it actually depends from child to child! i personally hated pampers/huggies but loved tesco own brand! i think just shop around and try em out :) good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I used to use pampers baby dry, but being using Aldi nappies for the last year. I just wish I found out about the aldi ones sooner

Advertisement