Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre availability Kiltimagh Co. Mayo

Options
  • 14-05-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi folks,

It seems that there is a FTTC rollout taking place at present in Kiltimagh; do you have any information on when this will go live? According to the coverage map it is May 2015 but from talking to an engineer he said it may not go live until the start of next year. Does anyone have any concrete information on this? My contract with an alternative broadband provider is up next month and I will be switching to Eircom if there is a fibre offering.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi folks,

It seems that there is a FTTC rollout taking place at present in Kiltimagh; do you have any information on when this will go live? According to the coverage map it is May 2015 but from talking to an engineer he said it may not go live until the start of next year. Does anyone have any concrete information on this? My contract with an alternative broadband provider is up next month and I will be switching to Eircom if there is a fibre offering.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi

Hopes were that efibre would launch in Kiltimagh in May however it seems delays may indeed happen.

There has been no confirmation on delays as of yet and a time frame is not yet available but in speaking to operations their aim is to launch efibre there well before the beginning of next year.

We should have more news on this within the next 6 weeks. I would reccomend ensuring that eFibre is deffinately available to your line before committing to service though. Feel free to get back to me in a couple of weeks and hopefully I will have better news for you then.

Also you might find this map helpful http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ - click on the NGA fibre broadband network map

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sakimotosan

Thanks Al,

Hopefully it will be the case of sooner rather than later; the lads seem to be half way up the town now so making good progress! :)
    The broadband + eVision bundle looks ideal; my current contract is set to expire the end of next month so hopefully some good news before then.
    I will check back in time to see if there are any updates then if it is not yet active.

Thanks a million!

Thanks Al,

Hopefully it will be the case of sooner rather than later; the lads seem to be half way up the town now so making good progress! :)
    The broadband + eVision bundle looks ideal; my current contract is set to expire the end of next month so hopefully some good news before then.
    I will check back in time to see if there are any updates then if it is not yet active.

Thanks a million!
    No worries sakimotosan

Fingers crossed all goes well, feel free to get back to me anytime

Cheers
    Al

Hi Al,

I'm just checking in to see if there is any update as to when this is due to be lit up?

Thanks again!

Hi Al,

I'm just checking in to see if there is any update as to when this is due to be lit up?

Thanks again!
    Hi sakimotosan

There has been no update of note to from our previous interaction- I have double checked today with Networks however they have been unable to provide me with a launch date.

Apologies for the lack of clarity sakimotosan

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Al,

Thanks again!
    Hi sakimotosan

There has been no update of note to from our previous interaction- I have double checked today with Networks however they have been unable to provide me with a launch date.

Thanks
    Al
    Cheers Al,

No problem at all, I will check the website over the next few weeks and fingers crossed. :)

Hi Al,

Thanks again!
    Hi sakimotosan

Thanks
    Al
    Cheers Al,

No problem at all, I will check the website over the next few weeks and fingers crossed. :)
    Cheers sakimotosan

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sparkyd

Hi Alan

Just wondering if theirs any update as I also would be interested in the service.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

sparkyd wrote: »
    Hi Alan

Just wondering if theirs any update as I also would be interested in the service.

Thanks
    Hi sparkyd

The best indication we have on the launch of eFibre in Kiltimagh is within the next 12 months.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Vanderdecker

Hi,according to the "when and where" map on eir's site efibre will be available within 6 weeks.I decided to check my line yesterday and got a confirmation message saying great news,your home is eir fibre enabled.I'm rather hoping that it's not just a glitch on their site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi,according to the "when and where" map on eir's site efibre will be available within 6 weeks.I decided to check my line yesterday and got a confirmation message saying great news,your home is eir fibre enabled.I'm rather hoping that it's not just a glitch on their site.
    Hi Vanderdecker

I can run a test & clarify this for you if you would like to PM me your land line number?

Thanks

Al

Advertisement