Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airb&b

Options
  • 14-05-2015 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of renting a room or two on ''Airb&b'' ..so essentially becoming a ''host''.

Can anyone please advise me if any income i make on this would have to be declared? i.e. is there any tax on it?

I have looked into the ''rent a room'' scheme previously and i am appear that you can indeed make up to 12,000euro tax free!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭MarieOC

Revenue advised recently that airbnb does not qualify for rent a room scheme and all income earned this way has to be declared and will be taxed accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Airbnb is not the same as the rent a room scheme. Please get tax advice from a professional with regards to your obligations under Airbnb.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

Cheers guys! should of known ....there isn't anything that is tax free anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Revenue are following up on all that are registered with the site and you will most likely be taxed half of what you take in.

Room €50 for 1night you only get €25 or there about.

Advertisement