Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piriton Houses - Dundrum

Options
  • 14-05-2015 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

As much as it disgusts me, it will probably sell.

Look at http://www.pirton.ie/

1.85m euro for a slightly larger than normal detatched house in an estate, detached only by definition, looks like youd struggle to get a lawn mower between the houses.

And they say they are all sold bar 1.

This country & most of its residents have zero sense when it comes to property.

Why would they, all you have to do is buy, and if you cant pay later on, so what, government will make sure you keep the house you cant afford. Starting to wish i just threw caution to the wind. Seems like you cant lose.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ah the distance between those Pirton houses looks alright.

They're also in a great location.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

awec wrote: »

For that money, are they?

It's not Ballsbridge, you're next to a shopping centre in a housing estate. Houses themselves look nice but not for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

They are still outside the M50. The market has pretty much ground to a halt trying to sell anything above 350-400K, compared to late last year.

Nicer houses, closer to Dublin going for a fraction of the price and they still can't sell them.

The Pirton houses are inside the M50, in Dundrum (across the road from the Balally Luas stop).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

More money than sense, by definition at that stage.

I'd buy a small holding in Wexford or somewhere and live off the 1.5million.

How on earth can you justify 1.85m in Dundrum?

If you are a wealthy Dublin City banker surely the guts of 2m is better spent in Ballsbridge. There were a couple of house for sale there recently sub 2m 4/5 bed. This is all I could find on a quick glance today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

What the website fails to mention is that Sydenham Villas is a small road, with a primary school covering most of one side of it. I know the road well as I used to have music lessons after hours in Taney school and have done L.C. grinds in the primary school around the corner from it. That road will be a nightmare in the mornings, and every other road around it is a ball-ache anyway. As soon as you try to leave Sydenham villas you've got two other schools (Dundrum college and the primary school directly opposite whose name escapes me) opposite each other on the road you're trying to join to contend with too.

"Location"; sure! if you don't have to drive anywhere in a hurry. Some of the roads on the Ballinteer/M50 side of Dundrum centre are fine, but Sydenham villas is right in a much older part of Dundrum village with narrow, easily congested roads; doubly so because of the school runs in he morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Location is crap on a ****ty road. I drive past them everyday and live close by. If I had that money to spend on a house Id buy in the D4 area.

P.s: It's Pirton. Piriton (as per thread title) is an antihistamine medication lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Sligo1 wrote: »
    P.s: It's Pirton. Piriton (as per thread title) is an antihistamine medication lol...

Well they seem to be the ideal cure for people with a money allergy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

People are mad. That type of money to live in what may as well be a terrace? They are right on top of each other. And ugly. They don't look ideal for a family to me, and are too big for someone trading down (who might like to be within tottering distances of everything and have very little garden to maintain).

If I had that type of money all I would be buying is a house with a big garden (not overlooked) with a big eff off wall around it. Not living on top of someone else in traffic chaos in Dundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Ah, Jamie Moran Homes. He came across as a right gimp on Room to Improve a few weeks ago, and let's not mention The Apprentice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Dearg81

awec wrote: »
    Ah the distance between those Pirton houses looks alright.

I assume you mean that Dundrum as a town is a great location to live in and not the actual road these houses are on. It's not a good place to build a house, as other have mentioned the houses are surrounded by apartments and a busy road with little or no gardens or park area. I think you need you're head examined if you pay 1.85m for one of these.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I assume you mean that Dundrum as a town is a great location to live in and not the actual road these houses are on. It's not a good place to build a house, as other have mentioned the houses are surrounded by apartments and a busy road with little or no gardens or park area. I think you need you're head examined if you pay 1.85m for one of these.

Yea I meant Dundrum in general.

Yea I like dundrum. Nice location. But not this road...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It might be just me but half of interior decorators in this country should be shot. The same decor is used in half the four star hotel refurbishments. With an added bonus of a country kitchen because people like to pretend they live in a country mantion and not in a suburban housing estate. It is just the right house for someone who will commission the painting of their dog to finish the look.

Advertisement