Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Rogue One *spoilers from post 1195*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

RRRAARRWHHGWWR

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

You said it, Chewie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

See? Star Wars has always been funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

david75 wrote: »
    See? Star Wars has always been funny.

Laugh it up fuzz ball...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Rumours or not my suspicion is that the film wasn't up to scratch. Any other studio would release it as shot but Disney don't want a turkey and ordered as much reshooting as necessary till it's the way they want it. Disney are very protective of their IP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

faceman wrote: »
    Disney are very protective of their IP.

And thank God for that, we don't want any old shîte coming out as 'Star Wars'.

I wouldnt say it was bad. Just that it was too dark. We knew it was to be a war movie. Just how does that fit tonally if the films ends ten minutes before Ep 4 begins as they have stated. It is going to change how we see a new hope and empire strikes back if it fills out the Rebellions story which I think it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Probably quite well. I think 'Star Wars' itself is quite "dark". It begins with a massacre and one of the greatest villians ever making a serious omph of an entrance, who then proceeds to crack a guys neck.

:eek:

Personally, I'm worried that they're trying to change it to fit tonally with 'The Force Awakens'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Tony EH wrote: »
    Probably quite well. I think 'Star Wars' itself is quite "dark". It begins with a massacre and one of the greatest villians ever making a serious omph of an entrance, who then proceeds to crack a guys neck.

:eek:

Personally, I'm worried that they're trying to change it to fit tonally with 'The Force Awakens'.

Which opened with an entire village being slaughtered by Stormtroopers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I knew you were going to say that. :p

• Advertisement

Ends with an entire planet being destroyed with four of five other being destroyed in the middle.

They weren't ALL soliders there had to be some support staff like janitors and catering haha

They weren't ALL soliders there had to be some support staff like janitors and catering haha

I_Had_Friends_Death_Star_T_SHIRT_detail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Ends with an entire planet being destroyed with four of five other being destroyed in the middle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hopefully the reshoots are minor, or if they are larger, that they're as successful as the Bourne Identity reshoots.

Not worried about reshoots at all. Every major film has time and budget allocated for reshoots. It's part of the process. There's too much riding on this as a standalone for them to slip up so they'll do everything they can to make it as great as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

There's too much riding on this as a standalone for them to slip up so they'll do everything they can to make it as great as possible.

This was the argument I faced back when the phantom menace was coming out... I sincerely hope to be proven wrong about this movie.

It'll work. It'll work.

Weird. If you watch a new hope the whole synopsis for rogue one is in the crawl at the start.

It absolutely has the potential... I just don't rate its director.

It absolutely has the potential... I just don't rate its director.

Edwards? Me neither. Disney choosing him and Trevrow or whatever his name is makes me think two things. Theyre either cock/cash blind and being arrogant or they're sure the story they have for this trilogy and the stand alones are that good they can take a risk on truly untried directors.

Edwards? Me neither. Disney choosing him and Trevrow or whatever his name is makes me think two things. Theyre either cock/cash blind and being arrogant or they're sure the story they have for this trilogy and the stand alones are that good they can take a risk on truly untried directors.
    Trevornow got the boot, which is unfortunate as I really enjoyed Chronical and as bad as it was, Fantastic four was interesting at least.

Don't mind me... Completely confusing directors

• Advertisement

Trevornow got the boot, which is unfortunate as I really enjoyed Chronical and as bad as it was, Fantastic four was interesting at least.

What?? Is he really gone??? Have a link??

What?? Is he really gone??? Have a link??

No link, mixing him up with Josh Trank who was tipped to direct episode Ix before he lost the plot during production of Fantastic four.

No link, mixing him up with Josh Trank who was tipped to direct episode Ix before he lost the plot during production of Fantastic four.

Not buying that at all until I see it.

More proof Rey is Lukes daughter. Han also offers him a job in a new hope.

Image of Vader has leaked
    Rogue%2BOne%2BVader%2BLeak.PNG

Image of Vader has leaked
    Rogue%2BOne%2BVader%2BLeak.PNG

We already know what Vader looks like at the time of Ep. IV, so the image is not a spoiler. The fact that he will appear in the movie is a no-brainer.

That doesn't look like new footage.

I'd say it's been 'leaked' to calm everyone on the reshoots issue.

Entertainment weekly have a big spread full of details on characters.

And confirming Vader is back for this.

Entertainment weekly have a big spread full of details on characters.

And confirming Vader is back for this.

Don't see anything confirming Vader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Don't see anything confirming Vader.

The cover of the magazine has text saying Vader is back or something like that.

The version I saw did anyways.

Edit: from ew.com re the issue:
    Finally, confirmation of what fans have hoped ever since the project was announced: Vader is back. We have a run-down of the Sith lord’s first day on set, and what his return means for the larger Star Wars storytelling universe.

Advertisement