Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Rogue One *spoilers from post 1195*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I'd say R1 will put even Force awakens in the shade for marketing..They have a huge uphill struggle to sell this to people as a movie outside the saga..it's going to be *everywhere*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Still looking good.

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Who'd have thought new Star Wars films would be the ones flying the flag for renewed physicality in blockbuster filmmaking?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like a Vietnam movie, in a really good way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Can't wait for the film...but the poster is rubbish. It looks like a cheap photoshop effort, like it was put together as an afterthought. It's not very Star Warsy although the Stormtroopers are way off target as usual so maybe it's very apt!

Trailer proper was shown at celebration as well as that reel.

the trailer proper debuts tonight at 9 US time. God knows what time that Is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Looks amazing. Is that track on the trailer part of the film's score?

Looks amazing. Is that track on the trailer part of the film's score?

Probably is. It's not john William's scoring this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gallery-1468597146-screen-shot-2016-07-15-at-162956.jpg

landscape-1468601576-rogue-one-star-wars-stormtroopers-moody.jpg

gallery-1468596302-star-wars-rogue-one-death-star-poster.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Looks like a Vietnam movie, in a really good way.

Isn't it great though? We actually might get some "war" in a 'Star Wars' film.

There more I see, the more I'm up for it.

So brilliant to get to see some real stormtroopers getting it on with rebels.

In fact the only time we see an actual scrap re: rebels and stormtroopers is in 'Star Wars' where they slaughter the crew of the rebel blockade runner. Cos Jedi is sort of ruined by Ewoks.

Roll on December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is that a real poster? :confused:

Looks like it was slapped together in a hurry for the cover of a straight to DVD release.

I know it's only a poster but how they could rubberstamp that as a final draft is hard to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think the poster is class

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

david75 wrote: »
    The trailer proper debuts tonight at 9 US time. God knows what time that Is here.

They aired the 3 minute sizzle reel on US TV last night :(

The actual trailer was only shown to the SW Celebration Panel attendees. Blurry leaked versions are floating around the web.

About the poster, bear In mind the big mission here is to market this so the average joe knows this isn't a Star Wars anthology film and a whole different thing. That 3 minute preview didn't feel like Star Wars at all. Rather just a war movie but Reading the breakdown of the trailer that those in attendance saw, does make it sound like it manages to feel like Star Wars while having its foot in a war setting. God knows when well see the actual trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

this isn't a Star Wars anthology film and a whole different thing.
    What? Rogue One isn't an anthology film?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars#Anthology_series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My problem isn't with the design of the poster. It's the cheap Photoshop job done on everything below the x-wings. The rebels and stormtroopers are positioned terribly, the whole thing looks blatantly artificial.

As a concept it's fine but the execution is done really badly.

What? Rogue One isn't an anthology film?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars#Anthology_series

Anthology / saga. I don't know which ways up :)

It's outside the main is what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Is it me or are the Star Destroyers in Star Wars Rogue One colored white? I'm a stickler for things like this because as we all know, the Star Destroyers were grey in the original movies so it kind've looks out of whack if you ask me.

I've watched the Star Wars Rogue One movie trailer a number of times now, and it still almost brings tears to me eyes. I had the same feeling last year for Force Awakens too.

Probably just a contrast issue in the trailer as we're seeing the dark dark grey of the Death Star in the background behind them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Probably just a contrast issue in the trailer as we're seeing the dark dark grey of the Death Star in the background behind them?

I'd say it depends on the light shining on them in space.

From what I know.. without a light source, even white or grey things would be in the dark :)

Anyway.. in Rogue One, it looks like they're getting a right beam of sunshine (some really bright sheen coming offa them windaz :D) while in Empire, they're not.

Rogue One:
    391961.jpg

Empire:
    391962.jpg

I'm on a Star Wars model making forum. I'll try find out what the right hull colour is on star destroyers. Pretty sure it's not flat white. Clean flat colours were never used in the making of the original films.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Who'd have thought new Star Wars films would be the ones flying the flag for renewed physicality in blockbuster filmmaking?

I wonder if there isn't a bit of marketing massaging going on with all the 'we did it on sets' in relation to plugging the film. I used to be a big collector of Cinefex magazine and after TFA came out I flicked back throught the issue for The Phantom Menace. I'm telling now, there was ten times the amount of practical model work on that film then there was on TFA. I can't help but get the feeling that they are playing up the amount of practical effects in much the same manner that they were de-emphasised to trumpet 'the digital revolution' on TPM, simply because of what plays as cool at the time.

That featurette however made me smile, practical creature effects have been damn near dead for the past decade. Tangible monsters trump CGI for me any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The talk of a trailer confuses me. I saw a trailer for Rogue One in the cinema last week :confused:

The talk of a trailer confuses me. I saw a trailer for Rogue One in the cinema last week :confused:

There was another shown at the convention: Star Wars Celebration over in London this weekend.

It's not been made public :(

There's a really crappy version someone recorded on their mobile phone floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Vader's in that trailer...

Slydice wrote: »
    There was another shown at the convention: Star Wars Celebration over in London this weekend.

It's not been made public :(

There's a really crappy version someone recorded on their mobile phone floating around.

Newer, slightly better quality leak released here:
    http://www.screengeek.net/2016/07/19/star-wars-rogue-one-trailer-featuring-darth-vader-leaks-online/

Doesn't look like they're gonna release it to the public. Not 100% on it but I think they did this with a previous trailer for force awakens too.

Thanks for that:)

Ok. I'm excited now

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carlo5

Of course they had to use the most famous character somewhere in the new series. And then sell new Vader figures :P

• Advertisement

This is great. Podcast documentary about the production and reshoots of Empire. Loads of stuff in here I didn't know. Including dialogue I'd never head :)

Han (to Leia) : you look nice. You should wear girls clothes more often.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/forcecenter/id1050464506?mt=2#episodeGuid=http%3A%2F%2Fforcecenterpod.podomatic.com%2Fentry%2F2016-07-21T06_00_00-07_00

Advertisement