Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Rogue One *spoilers from post 1195*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Who is the half blind Chinese(?) dude? He must be a Jedi surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Others have said it's been made clear he's not; maybe someone can clarify that. He's Donnie Yen, famous as Ip Man - a proper martial arts movie star.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Visually the movie looks stunning, some of the shots in that trailer are great. I really like that it has a very different tone to TFA, it looks like its own movie with its own direction, rather than having to follow a formula of some sort.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

J Mysterio wrote: »

He's a member of the church of the force. Ordinary people that aren't force users but quasi religious about it. The planet they're on is called jedha and the theory is it's the planet the Jedi originated on although in this time all the Jedi have been wiped out save for obi wan and yoda who are both in hiding as we know but nobody knows that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Film continues to look intriguing, but man that soundtrack is basically the most generic modern trailer music I've ever heard! Twinkly remix of classic theme and roaring Inception horn present and correct :pac:

If trailers insist upon the Inception horn, I like that they at least used a similar audio effect from the Star Wars universe; iirc it's a general Imperial alarm from the original trilogy.

A very strong trailer though, and definitely gives off some serious War Movie vibes, by way of the Dirty Dozen. There's an air of desperation and borderline hopelessness that may give this film a significant voice in properly portraying Imperial rule.

Though, hmmm. The Rebellion coral some morally murky individuals to go on a probable suicide mission eh? Like they've assembled some kind of ... you know... *ahem* Suicide Squad? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I am doing my best to avoid spoilers for this but I just watched the new trailer and OH MY GOD HK-47...

Sorry, I just had a nerdgasm.

Anyway, this look bloody fantastic. My hype levels are soaring...

Is it HK-47? It was the first thought that my sleep addled brain jumped to this morning when watching the trailer but I wont be able to check it again till I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Is it HK-47? It was the first thought that my sleep addled brain jumped to this morning when watching the trailer but I wont be able to check it again till I get home.

I doubt it's actually HK-47 but I'm guessing the robot is largely based on him. The dialogue/delivery is too spot on for it to be a coincidence. That's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I doubt it's actually HK-47 but I'm guessing the robot is largely based on him. The dialogue/delivery is too spot on for it to be a coincidence. That's good enough for me.

Calm down, meatbag. :D

Yeah, if they base the character on HK-47 it will be fantastic. Such a great character in SW:KotOR. Even better if he is as cynical and psychotic as HK-47! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

underwhlemed by the trailer

obviously deliberatly more subdued then other SW trailers but I don't know why she's been chosen to lead this group.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Doesn't really look like HK-47 though if they were going for him he'd be a pretty simple design

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Im liking the look of it looks like a lived in universe nothing too polished.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,775 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

mikhail wrote: »

Lots of speculation online seems that it'll end with Vader murdering the entire cast without breaking a sweat, reestablishing one of cinema's great villains after the prequels emascualted him. I think there's a lot of wild optimisim in that, but it does seem like a plausible direction for it to pursue.

I cant see that being the ending in a Disney film ,its a bit too bleak for them.

Visually the trailer looks excellent , no over the top cgi .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

underwhlemed by the trailer

obviously deliberatly more subdued then other SW trailers but I don't know why she's been chosen to lead this group.

Maybe the movie might go some way to explain it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Just saw the trailer and it looks fantastic, can't wait!

I understand that confusion but it's the same confusion that turned into meltdown and backward outrage into racism when it was revealed force awakens leads were a girl and a black guy. And they turned out to do great work in the roles.
    Disney know what they're doing. She's almost a little too hardened and that can keep you from liking a character. But I'm sure she'll do good.

They're seriously looking at Jayden smith. Son of will. To play a young Lando in the Han movie. If they do that? I will actively boycott Star Wars forever. He's a f*cking horror on every level.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Film continues to look intriguing, but man that soundtrack is basically the most generic modern trailer music I've ever heard! Twinkly remix of classic theme and roaring Inception horn present and correct :pac:

I loved the trailer soundtrack.

The original SW siren is brilliant I think. Captures the tone nicely. Also the Empire and Darth Vader tones from JW's scores works really well.

I'm not sure why you think it's generic... it's simple, yes, but it works nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

david75 wrote: »
    They're seriously looking at Jayden smith. Son of will. To play a young Lando in the Han movie. If they do that? I will actively boycott Star Wars forever. He's a f*cking horror on every level.

It won't be. It's likely to be Donald Glover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

david75 wrote: »

Ah Christ, they could have left the reveal of
    "... it was sent by your father"
    until the film. You might want to avoid this trailer, there is maybe one or two unremarkable shots not in the other trailers but that one line of spoliered dialog is annoying. The cats out of the bag now of course. It'll probably get lots of incidental mention. Maybe its a not a big deal in the film but it seems to speak significantly to one characters motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Hrmmm, it's very vague if it is a spoiler.

Could be I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Hmmm, thinking about it, maybe it isn't so significant. Given the scene and context in which it is said, it must be fairly early in the film.
    Maybe the bigger reveal is
    who exactly her father is

Mickkelson already said his character was like Oppenheimer. He created something beautiful but the empire took it and warped it into a terror.

It gives Jyn a motivation. They'd showing us this film will have weight and isn't just a fluff war movie. The stakes are high both on personal and galactic levels.

This is the best thing ever :)
    https://youtu.be/CehVgQ43pn0

This is even better

http://youtu.be/0IcjLG_VfNg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

A lot of the build-up and excitement over the prospect of seeing Vader in this film has now subsided since confirmation, but has anyone asked if we will see Palpatine? McDiarmaid is still acting and it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that at the end of the movie, Palpatine and Vader have another Empire Strikes Back-style communication where he gives Vader the task of hunting down the plans.

Well in the trailer we see a hooded figure kneeling before a bacta tank that has two imperial guards in red either side of it. We don't know who's kneeling nor who is in the tank yet but the guards being there is a headscratcher. They're also in a shot of a battle but I think that was in the EW magazine.

I doubt they'll do the emperor in screen but we do know there's a power struggle between Vader and Krennick, the guy in the white imperial outfit. So he'll most likely be mentioned at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I bet its Vader in the tank and the emperor is visiting him. Maybe he's healing after a battle Vader is pretty ****ed after Revenge of the Sith already , not out of the realms of possibility that this is near the end of the movie

• Advertisement

The emperor wouldn't kneel for Vader. But I am thinking its Vader in that tank.

Advertisement