Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Rogue One *spoilers from post 1195*

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

NIMAN wrote: »
    Hopefully the Fett story will be good.

I remember when I was younger at the time of ESB, he was such a cool character, so mean and unafraid of Vader. Like a man with a great back story.

Howver, watching the old films again with my own child, I realised just how under utilised he was in the films. Lot of standing around, bit of walking, and not much else. Plus for such a great character to suffer such a tacky ending as a blind man spinning around and knocking him off a ship, like something out of a Charlie Chaplin film.

He's pretty much the Phasma of the originals, was my favourite character as a kid too though funnily enough. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Hasn't it been confirmed that he survived the Sarlacc pit in the new canon stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,285 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I really fucking hope not. :rolleyes:

If there is going to be a Boba Fett film though, I hope it isn't Temuera Morrison doing the part.

The Fett's lost their edge when I found out they were just Kiwi's in cool suits. :(

Another thing to hate those piss poor sequels for. Shoehorning Fett in somewhere where he didn't belong.

God I hate them. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Teaser airing tomorrow morning on good morning America.

Teaser for the teaser
    https://youtu.be/MaYv3Y8tyoQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Hhmm...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks good, I liked the sombre tone. Feels a bit redundant at the same time time though as we more or less know the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,285 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Jesus...that looks fucking great!!!!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

Excellent trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Psyched

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Good job trailer, good job...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Looks good, I liked the sombre tone. Feels a bit redundant at the same time time though as we more or less know the outcome.

We know the general outcome but know nothing of the characters and how they fit in the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

great trailer, looks amazing, did anyone else grab the Vader breathing sound at the end when the lights came on in the tunnel?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

They're really nailling these trailers. Contrast that with some of the others put out for recent releases and it's far better/more interesting.

Got a very hunger games vibe off the main character.

Loved the take on Imperial March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

BrookieD wrote: »
    great trailer, looks amazing, did anyone else grab the Vader breathing sound at the end when the lights came on in the tunnel?

No, that's not what it was - it was just the echo on the voice spilling over, the hard K sound in "become". It's also too high pitched to be a Vader breath. That's not saying he's not going to be in it, there's plenty of hints that he will.

Trailer looks awesome all the same. Loved the AT-ATs in the jungle scene. And just seeing Stormtroopers and Rebel fighters duking it out makes for exciting viewing. Not sure about the "kung fu" guy, but won't thing we won't see is light sabers. I wonder will the Stormtroopers be better shots?

The Death Star part looked very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

/\ /\ /\

Not sure about that....... ;)

Liked it but it looks a bit like Battlefront. Excited all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Looks awesome. As said above Disney/Lucasfilm are really nailing the new star wars trailers so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I did not know what to expect from these non trilogy films to be honest, I was nearly happy to just have the new trilogy.

After seeing that trailer I can't help but be excited for this film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

david75 wrote: »
    Liked it but it looks a bit like Battlefront. Excited all the same.

Is that not why people love Battlefront?

"It looks exactly like a Star Wars film!"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Is that not why people love Battlefront?

"It looks exactly like a Star Wars film!"

"The circle is now complete..."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sombre piano-driven variations on classic music themes are henceforth banned from all future 'teaser' trailers, under penalty of mild disapproval.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Certainly whets the appetite ok, but we all know every film looks good in the trailer.

Let's hope this one lives up to the hype...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Trailer needed more Bothans

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Getting an Alien/Prometheus vibe from the trailer. Especially when the alarm kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Getting an Alien/Prometheus vibe from the trailer. Especially when the alarm kicked in.

yeah, that 'alarm' sound was alarming.
    Unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

yeah, that 'alarm' sound was alarming.
    Unnecessary.

I loved it, worked great I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Trailer needed more Bothans

Too early. They stole the second Death Star's plans;)

Advertisement