Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Rogue One *spoilers from post 1195*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Just because they're calling it a "trilogy", doesn't mean they are necessary a traditional beginning, middle, end trilogy. I'd be inclined to think it's more of a "thematic trilogy" or a "trilogy of pre-New Hope stories".

Also, I thought I heard before that Han would be getting a trilogy of his own, so that'd rule him out of this set of movies. Most likely contender is Obi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Ipso wrote: »
    This is not the stand alone movie you are looking for.

*Waves his hand towards the screen all Jedi like for 3D effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Chris Pratt is so definitely going to be Han Solo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

J Mysterio wrote: »

he's not they've already cast the role :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Obi wan can't appear in the han movie. He doesn't know him and I would clash with their first Meeting in the cantina in a new hope.

And later 'where did you dig up that crazy old fossil?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

david75 wrote: »
    Obi wan can't appear in the han movie. He doesn't know him and I would clash with their first Meeting in the cantina in a new hope.

And later 'where did you dig up that crazy old fossil?'

[WIND UP]But he could use his jedi tricks to wipe his memory.[/WIND UP]

[WIND UP]But he could use his jedi tricks to wipe his memory.[/WIND UP]

Not the Jedi way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Not the Jedi way :)

It is if Knights of the Old Republic is canon :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

He is the marvel Han Solo
    For the old comics

New trailer tomorrow morning!!

Gareth Edwards just confirmed!!

https://youtu.be/m8_Xga9ZGM0

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Thats look fcuking brilliant....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I am so HYPED for this movie. And just think if this looks this good just imagine what Boba Fett and Han's movies will be like!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Drumpot wrote: »
    Looks superb and like how I felt about TFA trailers, this is gonna nail it. .

My children (2 boys 7+5) loved the trailer and were pleading that we goto it when its released... That's the thing when you have kids, there is an extra dimension to these kinds of films that people without children just don't get. There are few movies that get me and my children excited, so for that alone the trailer is awesome!

For me, this is a guaranteed quality movie on different levels. My own childish excitement to see how they actually got the plans to the deathstar, how it all ties in with A New Hope, new characters and how my children react in the cinema...

Not trying to wish my life away but roll on December!

Out of curiosity, did your kids watch TFA? My 5 year old wants to see it (he loves the TFA lego game) but I worried that its a bit old for him in parts. How did yours get on with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Just watched the new trailer. A bit more flesh on the bones regarding the story. Looking forward to it. Visually it looks superb which in truth is all you can tell in a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

fixxxer wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, did your kids watch TFA? My 5 year old wants to see it (he loves the TFA lego game) but I worried that its a bit old for him in parts. How did yours get on with it?

Got on great. I was particularly worried about the monster eating all the people on hans solos ship but it seemed much worse the first time I saw it and was more cartoony on repeat viewings. The torture scenes went over my kids heads.

My 5+7 year old loved the movie. They watch it regularly and they haven't said anything to suggest that they are scared or worried about any parts (they do tell us if bits in movies upset them).

They love all the Star Wars movies (and the lego stuff related). My wife was a bit dubious but she's now on board us both bringing the lads to rogue one when it's released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Drumpot wrote: »
    Got on great. I was particularly worried about the monster eating all the people on hans solos ship but it seemed much worse the first time I saw it and was more cartoony on repeat viewings. The torture scenes went over my kids heads.

My 5+7 year old loved the movie. They watch it regularly and they haven't said anything to suggest that they are scared or worried about any parts (they do tell us if bits in movies upset them).

They love all the Star Wars movies (and the lego stuff related). My wife was a bit dubious but she's now on board us both bringing the lads to rogue one when it's released.

Cheers for the feedback :)

He's learning a song in school at the moment called "I'm being eaten by a Boa Constrictor" so yeah maybe the bit on Han's ship wont be too upsetting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

While I'm looking forward to this, some of those lines are just...blech.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Trailer looks great, hope there's not too much weight put on the part about her father though, tired of everyone having to be related to someone important in Star Wars.

Trailer looks great, hope there's not too much weight put on the part about her father though, tired of everyone having to be related to someone important in Star Wars.

Her father is integral to the story. That's a powerful motivation for someone who's been alone since she was 15 and who's father has been presumably held against his will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Tony EH wrote: »
    While I'm looking forward to this, some of those lines are just...blech.

So it's a proper Star Wars film then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Looks much better than I thought. Little dubious about Forest Whitaker though.

Exciting, thats a great film to go see at Christmas with your family.

Looks much better than I thought. Little dubious about Forest Whitaker though.

Exciting, thats a great film to go see at Christmas with your family.

His character has appeared in Star Wars Rebels and would be battle worn and paranoid and PTSD'd up the yazoo. Also sticks to the history of Star Wars casting a really serious actor among unknowns to lend weight. His line 'dont let the dream die' is cheesefest central but I forgive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Looks great, Id like to have found out who she was in December but I suppose that would have been a big ask. Trailer looks brilliant and Im looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Doc2311

Watched the trailer a few times. It looks class for sure. Love seeing Vader coming out of the mist looking all business like 😆 favourite shot was the massive statue of a Jedi Knight on its side on the ground.

I saw a lot of comments on YouTube from people hoping this will be better than Force Awakens. I was surprised by this. I really thought it was a great film. Fair enough it plagurised a bit of Episode IV but i still enjoyed it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Disney look like they've really clicked the Star Wars franchise back on track. Both Force Awakens and now Rogue One are dripping as "true" Star Wars movies.

It bodes well for both the Han Solo and presumably Boba Fett movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Wedwood wrote: »
    Disney look like they've really clicked the Star Wars franchise back on track. Both Force Awakens and now Rogue One are dripping as "true" Star Wars movies.

The universe looks dirty and lived in, episodes 1 to 3 were too clean and clinical or certainly felt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Her father is integral to the story. That's a powerful motivation for someone who's been alone since she was 15 and who's father has been presumably held against his will.

Yeah but someone made that decision to have her father be integral to the story, they didn't have to do that. I just thought maybe we'd get one Star Wars movie that isn't about parents.

Advertisement