Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Rogue One *spoilers from post 1195*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

You guys think we'll get a teaser for 8 before rogue one?

In one sense, they won't want to cross the streams. They haven't done a great job at all of letting joe punter know R1 isn't 8 so they'll wait til R1 is out of the way before they drop anything for 8.

At the same time. Putting a teaser for 8 before R1 would be a great way to let people know R1 is a different/separate story.

I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Got mine for the IMAX showing, 50 mins of pressing F5 works :P
    It was more of a case of Cineworld not having their sh!t together to have booking ready at midnight. Not from there being too many people trying to book at once like its for Radiohead tickets.
    david75 wrote: »

At the same time. Putting a teaser for 8 before R1 would be a great way to let people know R1 is a different/separate story.

I doubt they will do this but there could be a chance they stick the trailer on to R1 after a few weeks so it drums up interest in die hard fans seeing it on the big screen and getting a rewatch in. On the other hand Disney will no doubt attach it to something else that they want to drum up extra money for.

They have some huge films coming out over the next 6 months though. It's not like they need to stick a Star Wars trailer on any of them to make each film more money.

Doubt it would be a full trailer if they do it. Just a one or two shot teaser. Possibly with Luke. That would cement it in people's heads that rogue one isn't 8

Death trooper in the lighthouse cinema. It's about 7ft tall
    https://instagram.com/p/BNFZhe5Br4Y/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

david75 wrote: »

In one sense, they won't want to cross the streams. They haven't done a great job at all of letting joe punter know R1 isn't 8 so they'll wait til R1 is out of the way before they drop anything for 8.

I wonder

A teaser without a title? Unless they use it as an opportunity to announce the title, I doubt it. "Episode 7" didn't even feature in the marketing for Force Awakens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Just booked mine for the evening show at the Savoy screen 1 : )

A teaser without a title? Unless they use it as an opportunity to announce the title, I doubt it. "Episode 7" didn't even feature in the marketing for Force Awakens.

Good point. Still doesn't mean they can't do it. Did we have teasers for force awakens before the title? Can't remember.

Just checked. First teaser had the title.

Nothing by to say they won't reveal it in a trailer in front of rogue one but it's doubtful. Never know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'd say there's no chance of the teaser with Rogue one. I don't even think you'll see it until Rogue one is out of the cinema and it will probably land around the time Rogue goes to Blu ray.

The thinking is they'll hold everything until Star Wars celebration in Orlando in April.

We might get a title and or teaser before then but they dropped the ball so badly at celebration London they'll want to make it up. Especially if rogue one doesn't do at least respectable returns at the box office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Just booked midnight for the Isense in Odeon, some idiot on my facebook ruined TFA for me last year so I am doing everything possible so it doesn't happen again this year.

They all die in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Tickets booked for the midnight screening in the Omniplex. There was a great buzz in there for the screening of TFA last year, so hoping for the same again.

spoilers from the 20 minutes shown to fans in Mexico at the start of the press tour. Nothing huge but avoid if you don't wanna know.
    http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/11/rumor-details-on-the-20-minute-rogue-one-preview.html

spoilers from the 20 minutes shown to fans in Mexico at the start of the press tour. Nothing huge but avoid if you don't wanna know.
    http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/11/rumor-details-on-the-20-minute-rogue-one-preview.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Final Teaser.A few bits we saw before fleshed out and some extra scenes.I'm liking the droid: "I'll be there for you.........The captain said I had to."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We could see more standalone or other story arcs after Episode 9 in the 'traditional' series.Audience reaction to Rogue One will be looked at carefully.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/22/rogue-one-lucasfilm-new-star-wars-movies

So we're not getting an Obi Wan film for a long time. Bresnican from EW says he discovered that Obi Wan still has a part to play in the current trilogy and we won't be seeing anything until after this trilogy is out of the way. Which is may or Christmas 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I read that it won't have a crawl at the beginning...what self-respecting Star Wars movie doesn't have a crawl! Did anybody hear similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

pauldla wrote: »
    I read that it won't have a crawl at the beginning...what self-respecting Star Wars movie doesn't have a crawl! Did anybody hear similar?

There was a lot of speculation that that'd be the case, seeing as it's not part of the central Skywalker story. I think it's a good move. These movies need to stand on their own and the first one out the gate has to lead the way in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Not sure about not having the crawl. The phrase "if it ain't broke don't fix it", comes to mind. It's not like the marvel comic book logo thingy before each movie.

It's something that differentiates Star Wars from every other movie in a unique and enjoyable way. The anticipation Many people get before the powerful introduction to Star Wars movies is unrivalled.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The only reason the crawl exists in the first place was because of Lucas' desire to crib on the styling of those old Flash Gordon / 30s adventure serials that used to be. If these 'Star Wars stories' are to take off, and have any kind of separate & unique vision or voice, they have to at very least differentiate themselves from the Episodic nostalgia-built versions we're all used to.

There's enough argument that Disney's Marvel films adhere too much to a template, I'd hate for the Star Wars films to do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I like the crawl myself and given that it's a prequel, it would be nice to read one to see what events have unfolded since Revenge of the Sith. I mean I guess we can already imagine what has happened since, but it's always been a nice introduction to the movies I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I like the crawl myself and given that it's a prequel, it would be nice to read one to see what events have unfolded since Revenge of the Sith. I mean I guess we can already imagine what has happened since, but it's always been a nice introduction to the movies I think.

The novel Catalyst and an upcoming Star Wars Rebels episode are prequels to Rogue One.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

pixelburp wrote: »
    The only reason the crawl exists in the first place was because of Lucas' desire to crib on the styling of those old Flash Gordon / 30s adventure serials that used to be. If these 'Star Wars stories' are to take off, and have any kind of separate & unique vision or voice, they have to at very least differentiate themselves from the Episodic nostalgia-built versions we're all used to.

There's enough argument that Disney's Marvel films adhere too much to a template, I'd hate for the Star Wars films to do the same

It doesn't matter why the crawl exists , only that it's popular and enjoyable. They didn't need a Darth Vader in this story but chose to include him. You could apply the same logic re the crawl and say that Vaders story is dealt with in 6 movies , he doesn't need to be in these but we all know that he's just an awesome inclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Isolated Warrior

The crawl is only for the episodic entries, i really hope they dont f*** this up

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

It's good they're trying new things like new intros for the movies.

In a certain way re-titling Star Wars as 'Episode 1', kind of condemned the Prequels into an unnecessary trilogy, when really Revenge of the Sith told all the important bits of the story in a single movie.

Disney are cleverly constructing new prequels that will sit between Episodes 3 and 4, which will eventually push Lucas' Prequel Trilogy further back into obscurity over time, without the need to officially eliminate them from the movie canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Wedwood wrote: »
    In a certain way re-titling Star Wars as 'Episode 1',

Not sure what you mean here, what has been re-titled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

salmocab wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean here, what has been re-titled?

When Star Wars was originally released in cinemas in 1977, it was just 'Star Wars'. Lucas re-released it in cinemas less than a year later, by which time he had added 'Episode IV A New Hope' to the opening crawl.

What was initially a single movie had been transformed into a movie saga by the addition of those 5 words to the opening crawl.

Advertisement