Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Rogue One *spoilers from post 1195*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Got my tickets for Friday 16th ... can't bloody wait !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

So none of you spotted Tarkin in that trailer? He's standing looking out at the dish being placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 krennic77

There was some chatter about Tarkin/Cushing being brought back with cutting edge CGI beyond what we've been seeing in recent Marvel movies/Westworld etc. Looks like it might happen!

krennic77 wrote: »
    There was some chatter about Tarkin/Cushing being brought back with cutting edge CGI beyond what we've been seeing in recent Marvel movies/Westworld etc. Looks like it might happen!

He's a main character in the Catalyst book (which is brilliant by the way)he oversees the Death Star construction and project and we know he ends up on the e wth Star. They can't not include him in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Wedwood wrote: »
    When Star Wars was originally released in cinemas in 1977, it was just 'Star Wars'. Lucas re-released it in cinemas less than a year later, by which time he had added 'Episode IV A New Hope' to the opening crawl.

What was initially a single movie had been transformed into a movie saga by the addition of those 5 words to the opening crawl.

Ah I get you, it was that you said called Star Wars episode 1 that threw me. I thought Id missed some new change of name to something.

• Advertisement

What if there's no crawl in R1 cos they're getting us ready for no crawl in episode 8 given that we know it starts exactly where Force Awakens leaves off?

I can live with no crawl in Rogue One. There'd be complete outrage if 8 didn't have a crawl though.

Twitter to Live Stream 'Rogue One' Cast & Crew Q&A. There'll be footage from the film too.
    https://twitter.com/starwars/status/803668806665060352

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ziedth wrote: »
    Jesus for a a split second i got Gareth Edwards mixed with Gareth Evans. Now THAT would be a star wars film i'd get behind.

Looking forward to this, the idea behind it sounds deadly and i'd be all over a real gritty star wars film just to see how it looks.

me too....straight to google.....disappointed :)

He does have Welsh parentage though

First actual clip from the film. Score sounds interesting.
    https://vid.me/DU9V

"People" Shares New 20 Minute Video on Rogue One With New Interviews and Comments - http://bit.ly/2fQFnm0 - #RogueOne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

That's so awesome.

Saw a Death Star light shade today. This has made me decide to get it:)

Live Q&A with cast and Gareth Edwards
    https://twitter.com/i/live/798701411626139648

Cip with Bail Organa
    https://youtu.be/3IjBvuvJ1gs

Spoiler free but still loads of give aways so read at your peril
    http://bigshinyrobot.com/59884/we-saw-28-minutes-rogue-one-star-wars-story/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The latest trailer i had to sit through at a recent movie pretty much gives away the entire plot of the movie, which i wasn't to happy about :(

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Seeing this next Monday. Very curious to see how it has turned out. I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan but the trailers have left me cold. I hope it's good.

doubledown wrote: »
    Seeing this next Monday. Very curious to see how it has turned out. I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan but the trailers have left me cold. I hope it's good.

Next Monday? That's only the 12th. It's not out til the 14/15th I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

david75 wrote: »
    Next Monday? That's only the 12th. It's not out til the 14/15th I thought?

Press screening.

:D

Press screening.

:D

Jammy bugger :)

• Advertisement

I know he got $4 billion and has major points on all Star Wars films and products in perpetuity,

But Lucas kinda sold Lucasfilm meaning Star Wars, for buttons really didn't he?

Another new international trailer. There's new footage in this so be warned
    https://youtu.be/GC6V912O0tU

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

not for me...looks brilliant...just right amount of action

hope there's no silly cgi characters in it

can't wait:) had a wet dream about it last night

Huuuuuuuuge spoiler open at your own peril and disregard images if you don't wanna know.
    this was spotted in a rogue One video about creatures. Remember the shot in the first trailer of the figure kneeling before the bacta tank? Looks like it is Vader inside the tank. No human limbs and the mask. Open images attached to see.

What are the chances that the hooded figure approaching the "bacta tank" is Vader minus armour and helmet?

It was confirmed early that the emperor isn't in the movie and the hooded figure doesn't look what you'd typically regard as"Vader shaped". Would be cool to see Vader in a more vulnerable form albeit briefly, just wearing some robes before he goes about healing himself or something.

What are the chances that the hooded figure approaching the "bacta tank" is Vader minus armour and helmet?

It was confirmed early that the emperor isn't in the movie and the hooded figure doesn't look what you'd typically regard as"Vader shaped". Would be cool to see Vader in a more vulnerable form albeit briefly, just wearing some robes before he goes about healing himself or something.

See my post above yours.

david75 wrote: »
    See my post above yours.

I did! Wasn't clear if you were saying the hooded figure was Darth or not though... just that he was more than likely in the tank. :)

I wonder if the shot of Vader "coming out of the mist" in a rather menacing fashion is a "I'm back, bitches!" moment after Darth is presumed damaged beyond repair at some point - hence the need for the tank.

I did! Wasn't clear if you were saying the hooded figure was Darth or not though... just that he was more than likely in the tank. :)

I wonder if the shot of Vader "coming out of the mist" in a rather menacing fashion is a "I'm back, bitches!" moment after Darth is presumed damaged beyond repair at some point - hence the need for the tank.

No sorry. I was saying it's Vader in the tank. We don't know where that falls or even it will make it into the film.

There were shots shown in the force awakens trailer tha didn't make the film. Could be the same here.

True. Gorgeous shot though (the kneel before the tank) - would be a shame if it went the way of Kylo's saber ignition.

The new footage is coming in thick and fast. The space battle is looking absolutely fantastic. I don't watch it myself but Reddit reckons the ship from Rebels is in there.

• Advertisement

True. Gorgeous shot though (the kneel before the tank) - would be a shame if it went the way of Kylo's saber ignition.

The new footage is coming in thick and fast. The space battle is looking absolutely fantastic. I don't watch it myself but Reddit reckons the ship from Rebels is in there.

It Is definitely the ghost from Rebels.

There's even more on the way. Think I wanna tune out until I see the film but I can't.

Advertisement