Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Rogue One *spoilers from post 1195*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

loved the trailer really looking foward to this only negative is its not out till December!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Looks very interesting, the sense of scale is so much bigger than it was in the original trilogy...the empire seem like a real, all encompassing menace, as opposed to being token baddies. The AT-AT's at the end look very imposing, far more so than they were in Empire. Colour me optimistic...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Trailer needed more Bothans

Many Bothans died to bring us this movie .......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I've always been more excited about this film than the new trilogy to be honest. The Inter Trilogy years have so much potential.

The trailer is pretty good. Great to see original designed stormtroopers back!

Oh and isn't Mon Mothma played by the same actress who played her in ROTS?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Many Bothans died to bring us this movie .......

They knew the risks when they signed up to become SFX technicians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

bilston wrote: »
    Great to see original designed stormtroopers back!

This , the new design doesn't do it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Not sure about the "kung fu" guy,

That's Donnie Yen, and he's amazing. Give Ip Man a watch.

Just hope he won't be wasted, like the guys from The Raid were in Force Awakens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

bilston wrote: »
    I've always been more excited about this film than the new trilogy to be honest. The Inter Trilogy years have so much potential.

The trailer is pretty good. Great to see original designed stormtroopers back!

Oh and isn't Mon Mothma played by the same actress who played her in ROTS?

Inter trilogy ? so there is a film planned for each year between the regular episodic releases .... nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

^ Don't think there's anything planned (I may be wrong), but there'll be more standalone movies. The Han Solo origins movie, for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Another babe in the central role..what's not to like!

• Advertisement

I liked the trailer and look forward to the film, but you could see it had a different feel then a SW movie - I guess they want to keep it separate (style wise).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I liked the trailer and look forward to the film, but you could see it had a different feel then a SW movie - I guess they want to keep it separate (style wise).

That's good though, these spin offs and stand alone films will get stale fast if they don't let the film makers put their own spin on the projects imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Links234 wrote: »
    That's Donnie Yen, and he's amazing. Give Ip Man a watch.

Just hope he won't be wasted, like the guys from The Raid were in Force Awakens.

That really was a criminal waste.

I didn't know that they were in it at all, and then when they popped up I thought to myself, "Oh wow, things are about to get super physical here", and then they were gone. Ah well.

Still, this looks really good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

^ Don't think there's anything planned (I may be wrong), but there'll be more standalone movies. The Han Solo origins movie, for one.

Wasn't there a Boba Fett standalone planned too?

Sorry, what guys are you talking about?
    like the guys from The Raid were in Force Awakens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sorry, what guys are you talking about?
    like the guys from The Raid were in Force Awakens.

The main actors from The Raid were the pirates Han Solo was dealing with, and you got the feeling "Oh hell, sh*t's gonna get real!" when they turn up, but nope, they were just there to get eaten. Criminally wasted.

kanjiklub_b2344601.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Really enjoyed that trailer, really looking forward to seeing more!

Gonna throw this out there as an idea: any chance one of the mercenaries is Boba Fett? :D What a twist that would be!

382567.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Can someone explain the tactical advantages of the AT-ATs?

As far as I Can tell, they're slow, lumbering, not very manouverable with limited shooting range and every time I see them I wonder why anyone would design a military vehicle that can be tripped up. Is it just that they look cool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That looks better than The Force Awakens. I suppose a large part of it is nostalgia, but it looks far better than I had even expected.

FunLover18 wrote: »

As far as I Can tell, they're slow, lumbering, not very manouverable with limited shooting range and every time I see them I wonder why anyone would design a military vehicle that can be tripped up. Is it just that they look cool?

Yeah but they look great ! :D

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's good though, these spin offs and stand alone films will get stale fast if they don't let the film makers put their own spin on the projects imo.

Sure, not complaining , I like the way they are a different style, they can be good films while not muscling in on the episodes.

So it's a full feature length film then ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Anyone else disappointed that their not going more toward a Guardians of the Galaxy type tone, a more irreverent and light hearted tale of a mismatched band of rebels on a suicide mission. The trailer to me suggests it's going to be identical in tone to Episode VII. Not a bad thing as such I was just expecting this to stand apart from the main episodes. I also have to say, though it's hard to judge based purely on the trailer, I found the main actresses delivery of lines to be very poor, certainly devoid of the charisma Rey had shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

I'm not sold on this after watching that.

I liked the earlier teaser trailer but something is off about this one. Wasn't this originally pitched as a group of mercs stealing the Death Star plans?

Now it looks like the Hunger Games in Space with another kick-ass girl power type saving the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Red King wrote: »
    I'm not sold on this after watching that.

another kick-ass girl power type saving the day.
    Problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

e_e wrote: »
    Problem?

There aren't enough kick-ass guy power type saving the day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The tone seems .... darker and more desperate, definitely appears less playful than the source trilogies, and that's not a bad thing in my book. There are plenty of tales of resistance to be told, and it'd be a hard balance to make those sorts of tales of struggle and tragedy as overtly splashy as the trilogies are. Honestly, I'm more excited to see some non skywalker / solo tales on the big screen than the next 'official' episode, and that trailer continued that thought

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

lads hang on a second..

it opens with her apparently being under arrest and lead by a rebel officer yet you hear what sounds like an imperial agent putting charges to her..and then being grilled by Mon Mothma and by the end shes in an imperial uniform?

perhaps shes a double agent and this film will be from an Imperial POV?

that would be an awesome way to tell this story..shes rogue one and has to get the plans back for the empire?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

david75 wrote: »
    shes rogue one and has to get the plans back for the empire?

That's the thing... I thought Luke Skywalker created Rogue Squadron and his call-sign was Rogue One? I hope this is explained in the movie.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FunLover18 wrote: »

Yup. It's the same reason the Millenium Falcon, TIE Fighters and X-Wings bank in space :p

Falthyron wrote: »
    That's the thing... I thought Luke Skywalker created Rogue Squadron and his call-sign was Rogue One? I hope this is explained in the movie.

the Rogue monicker tying into the plan being stolen and the death star weakness being found and rogue squadron being the one to go take it out...

inneressin..

• Advertisement

it could also explain the two bounty hunters being in this rumour..

her and Whittaker are mercenaries for hire and theyve been hired, or she has, to infiltrate the rebellion and we hear him warn her against it in the trailer..

Advertisement