Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Rogue One *spoilers from post 1195*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I wonder if we'll find anything out about Snoke in this movie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Mickeroo wrote:
    Pretty sure Abrams was just a fan of the films and gave them a part.

I think there were rumours at the time that they were going to help choreograph some of the action as well but I saw little evidence of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,285 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

conorhal wrote: »
    I'd say about 20 years give or mostly take.

Sure at the end of episode 3 the death star looking like this:
    death-star.jpg?quality=90&w=650&h=435

Meh.

Just another one of those rubbish prequel goofs.

I hope Disney continure to distance themselves from them.

We need a puke smiley.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Source? If Vader was in this, I think we'd know about it now. I can't see him being in this movie and there being no tie in - after all, Vader sells a lot of toys. A LOT.

If they're going to do a Vader movie, they'd go all out and make it a VADER movie, but somehow I don't think we're going to see one. I reckon Vader's story has been told.

This isn't the one I read but it'll do for now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

So theoretically Darth Vader could make an appearance in this? But presumably not!

Vader is rumoured to be central to this story and we get to see him going full out decapitating soldiers in battle. Apparently it's really intense. Whether we see that or not I don't know but it was filmed.
    He's definitely in it though. They hired the guy that cast the original helmet for the OT

• Advertisement

*as to not seeing him they'll hold him for the main trailer. Mission in the marketing is to establish in non fans(aka everyone else's) minds that this isn't a sequel to force awakens. I've already been asked is it the sequel a bunch of times.

We won't see Vader til the main trailer, probably Star Wars celebration in London in June or July whenever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Is Vader a confirmed character though? Or is this just rumour?

As for the prequel image of the Death Star, I remember at the time thinking that was quite cool, and hoping we'd see more of Vader in the suit (because then we wouldn't have to look at Hayden Jesus-Christ-iansen). But in the trailer for Rogue we see the circular laser section being lowered in, almost as the final piece, which suggests they are looking at a different approach to the build. Unless the picture above is just showing the framework for it (which, now that I see it, I think it is). So ignore all that. :)

I actually hope Vader isn't in it. There's a different movie in a Vader pre-OT story.

Can't remember the specifics but somewhere in canon there was a story about three Death Stars being built at the same time but at different stages of construction and the first exploded on weapons test but the second ends up being the one in the films and the third left unfinished and that's the one turns up seemingly so quickly in ROTJ. could be totally misremembering that and it might not even be canon anymore.

Vader will be in this. Tarkin is, they're using CGI To create him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hopefully not. Would much prefer these to be standalone movies with no secondary agendas.

david75 wrote: »
    Vader will be in this. Tarkin is, they're using CGI To create him.

*shudder*

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A Death Star in the Star Wars universe is just a kind of technical MacGuffin , they get built, they get blown up :pac: worrying about the logicstics is redundant.

I cant see myself being bothered going to this , I like the flow of the big movies, no huge desire to see these side movies.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Tony EH wrote: »
    *shudder*

:(

Well it's doable if he's only appearing as a hologram but he's definitely in it that's been confirmed. And while Vader isn't confirmed, you can't have Tarkin and not have Vader. He outranked him at that point. Somehow.

silverharp wrote:
    A Death Star in the Star Wars universe is just a kind of technical MacGuffin , they get built, they get blown up worrying about the logicstics is redundant.

I'm hoping that when the rebels unravel the Death Star plans, the canteen is clearly marked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Well it's doable if he's only appearing as a hologram but he's definitely in it that's been confirmed. And while Vader isn't confirmed, you can't have Tarkin and not have Vader. He outranked him at that point. Somehow.

Ben Mendelsohn could be Tarkin, he does look a bit like Peter Cushing. Unlikely I know.

Well, Vader was jsut the Emperor's envoy of sorts, so while he had a lot of sway, in military terms, a Grand Moff was his superior. A Grand Moff was the head of a number of star systems or sectors and used to extend the Empires will as they saw fit. Or so I read somewhere.

God...I know too much about this rubbish. :rolleyes:

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that when the rebels unravel the Death Star plans, the canteen is clearly marked.

I hope Mr. Stevens makes an appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Burgo wrote: »
    Ben Mendelsohn could be Tarkin, he does look a bit like Peter Cushing. Unlikely I know.

I'd was hoping they'd have Wayne Pygram back, who very briefly played Tarkin in Episode 3, which would have been excellent.

Tony EH wrote: »

I just watched that earlier, the Lego version. In stitches :)

'Ok I'll take a f*cking tray'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

CatInABox wrote: »
    Sounds like the accent reading out the charges, and the accent that the rebel general has are the same.

That's just what it sounds like to me though. I could be totally wrong.

Just watched it again and my apologies, you are almost certainly correct!

bilston wrote: »
    Just watched it again and my apologies, you are almost certainly correct!

Yeah there's loads of misdirections in that trailer.
    I'm sticking by my story. I reckon she's actually working for the empire and the scene with mon Mothma and the other guy is like her interview to get into the rebellion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Links234 wrote: »
    I'd was hoping they'd have Wayne Pygram back, who very briefly played Tarkin in Episode 3, which would have been excellent.

Very briefly, all of a few seconds!

Tony EH wrote:

The vicious and cruel Darth Vader rumoured to be appearing sounds a bit more like Jeff to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Burgo wrote: »
    Very briefly, all of a few seconds!

It was almost blink and you'd miss it, but he's a fantastic actor and it's a shame he didn't get another crack at Tarkin, this time with some dialogue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm sticking by my story. I reckon she's actually working for the empire and the scene with mon Mothma and the other guy is like her interview to get into the rebellion.

My guess is she's caught in the act of stealing from the rebels (or something along those lines) at the start and instead of throwing her in jail, the rebels offer her a way out, a long shot mission to steal something that requires her particular skillset.

It's too soon to do an Imperial movie, maybe after Episode 8, or perhaps the Boba Fett movie will show that side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Well that could be possible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, I think the more likely scenario is simply that she's a neutral, rogue character with no real loyalties to any faction, least of all some silly rebellion that's only going to get squashed by the Empire. Presumably the Rebellion will use bribery or modest threats to get her to do the 'right' thing, but I can't see her being a double-agent or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

DvB wrote: »
    Everything can be broken down, dissected & criticised by someone over & over again to the point where it becomes a chore wading through folk being critical almost purely for the sake of it.
    I'm a huge star wars fan, I was 5 when SW was released in 77 & fell in love with the OT instantly, I for one am simply delighted to be seeing a new film with top quality production values related to the star wars universe, for that reason I admit I loved the trailer and am eagerly awaiting seeing this on the big screen... I refuse to have the joy sucked out of my by people determined to see the fault in everything & anything.

I never really understood the term "Star Wars Fan" it just seems too broad, surely you have to take each individual movie on its own merits. I adored A New Hope as a child, it's since lessened in favour with me as the years go by. However Empire and Jedi are two movies I'll watch in absolute reverence atleast two or three times a year. That said, when the trailer for episode one first came out, all my friends went absolutely apilethic that this would be the movie to end all movies, I on the otherhand thought it looked a bit ****e. After watching it, my opinion did not change, nor did the following Episodes do anything for me but bore and irritate in equal measure. So in my view, that's four films out of six which I'll be quite happy not to rewatch. All that said, I was absolutely sold when I first watched the trailer for Force Awakens, and indeed I found it incredibly entertaining on each viewing, but this new trailer leaves me cold. I hope I'm wrong I sincerely do, but am I not allowed to express my view that this trailer has not in anyway convinced me that this film will not be the soulless, dull, boring mess that was the director's previous two movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah, I think the more likely scenario is simply that she's a neutral, rogue character with no real loyalties to any faction, least of all some silly rebellion that's only going to get squashed by the Empire. Presumably the Rebellion will use bribery or modest threats to get her to do the 'right' thing, but I can't see her being a double-agent or something along those lines.

Then she presumably falls in love with a rebel or sees some kids getting stamped on by AT-ATs or something and really commits to the rebels, just when she was about to double-cross them for selfish reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I assume she falls ins love with Luke " albeit not shown just hinted" and she is Reys mother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I never really understood the term "Star Wars Fan" it just seems too broad, surely you have to take each individual movie on its own merits. I adored A New Hope as a child, it's since lessened in favour with me as the years go by. However Empire and Jedi are two movies I'll watch in absolute reverence atleast two or three times a year. That said, when the trailer for episode one first came out, all my friends went absolutely apilethic that this would be the movie to end all movies, I on the otherhand thought it looked a bit ****e. After watching it, my opinion did not change, nor did the following Episodes do anything for me but bore and irritate in equal measure. So in my view, that's four films out of six which I'll be quite happy not to rewatch. All that said, I was absolutely sold when I first watched the trailer for Force Awakens, and indeed I found it incredibly entertaining on each viewing, but this new trailer leaves me cold. I hope I'm wrong I sincerely do, but am I not allowed to express my view that this trailer has not in anyway convinced me that this film will not be the soulless, dull, boring mess that was the director's previous two movies.

I'm the opposite. I thought TFA was dreadful and thought this Trailer looks like it has great potential. Then again TFA trailer with the Han & Leia theme remix with the Falcon flying through the derelict Star Destroyer gave me goosebumps and look how that turned out.

Advertisement