Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management company, extra payment

Options
  • 14-05-2015 5:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

My management fee is due again and it's gone up, owner occupier. Even better, they're also asking for a second payment. This is of a few hundred euro and is required for repairs to the old apartment building. Can they do this? If I just pay the management fee can they take legal action against me to get the other amount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

fiachr_a wrote: »
    My management fee is due again and it's gone up, owner occupier. Even better, they're also asking for a second payment. This is of a few hundred euro and is required for repairs to the old apartment building. Can they do this? If I just pay the management fee can they take legal action against me to get the other amount?

You have to pay it. What happens when your building needs repairs ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

fiachr_a wrote: »

You are the management company. What discussions did you all have around this during the AGM? Generally any debt would just be held over until you tried to sell, with interest added. Of course you all live in a crap heap while no one pays and the apartment devalues as a result. Cutting off one's nose basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The only reason they're looking for extra money is that it's needed and the sinking fund is inadequate. Sounds like your fees have been too low.

Advertisement