Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Patterned Trousers

• 14-05-2015 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Ok so lots of shops have patterned trousers at the minute, I was going to avoid the trend as I'm short and the "rules" say stay clear for short legs and I'm on the fence on whether I like the look. However I spotted a pair of patterned skinny jean like the other day and was thinking they might work. I didn't try them at the time but now I'm thinking should I go back. I'm 5" 1.5 (the .5 is very important) and a size 10ish 10 on the bottom, 10-12 on the top so I may be too heavy to get away with them? Do you need to be tall or very thin to get away with them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Try them on! I've seen ladies of all sizes wear them and really it comes down to finding a fit that suits you - I don't think there can be a stipulation re maximum size or minimum height that determines whether they'll look good or not! I'm a 5'3.5" (the .5" is very important for me too!) size 10-12 and I'm considering a pair of subtly patterned skinnies too, I reckon as long as they're not skintight they could be a goer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Button_y

I guess its back into try them then. Just don't need more clothes that I wear once and realise that they actually just don't suit me!
    The shop has those flattering mirrors :rolleyes: too and I never know if they look good or its just the mirror!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Button_y wrote: »
    I guess its back into try them then. Just don't need more clothes that I wear once and realise that they actually just don't suit me!
    The shop has those flattering mirrors :rolleyes: too and I never know if they look good or its just the mirror!

I hate to say it, but I think it's selfie time! Take a nice unflattering pic of yourself and see if you still like them!

right I will bring my little girl to take a photo for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Try them on. I was at a fashion show yesterdday and printed trousers seem to be the theme. Some looked great on the models and some looked beyond awful. It really seems to be a case of trying them on.

If you can bring them home and try them on there. I find the mirrors and lighting in many dress rooms don't give you a true idea of how things look on you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

http://www.tv3.ie/ireland_am_video.php?locID=1.65.74&video=93526

I just seen this today,please watch ,there is few great tips for shorter lady's fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was watching This Morning and Gok said that the trick is if you're small in height then go for a smaller print on the trousers, and if you're tall you can get away with some of the larger prints. Also block colour on top would help to balance everything out. If you feel good in them then go for it!

Miaireland wrote: »
    Try them on. I was at a fashion show yesterdday and printed trousers seem to be the theme. Some looked great on the models and some looked beyond awful. It really seems to be a case of trying them on..

Some do look awful.
    easy1 wrote: »
    http://www.tv3.ie/ireland_am_video.php?locID=1.65.74&video=93526

I just seen this today,please watch ,there is few great tips for shorter lady's fashion.

Watched this some nice tips, I like the jackets not so sure about the short tops unfortunately my tummy is my trouble area :(
    anna080 wrote: »
    I was watching This Morning and Gok said that the trick is if you're small in height then go for a smaller print on the trousers, and if you're tall you can get away with some of the larger prints. Also block colour on top would help to balance everything out. If you feel good in them then go for it!

I do remember reading somewhere patterns should be smaller than your fist

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭colosus1908

Try em on and come back with a picture.

I tried them, was hard to judge as they only had long lengths in stock in my size. They weren't awful but I thought the pattern was a bit much and would be more suitable on someone younger. I will keep my eye out for a similar style but something more subtle pattern.

• Advertisement
Advertisement