Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Opinions on Kawasaki z1000sx

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Throw up a few pics when you get her!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Will do. Am going take her out for a trip run my local mountains on saturday to get used to her which I'll probably video as well so as to have a memento for later on :)

Thanks everyone for advice and comments :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Videos would be great, see what we are all missing.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Videos would be great, see what we are all missing.

You won't be missing much that first drive, just someone taking a lot of care getting used to a new heavier and more powerful bike! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

jimgoose wrote: »
    Beautiful-looking bike, the Z100SX. It reminds me of the old GPz1000RX for some reason.

necessary faster :) :

44ee3eda810ed80c10c0f781c472b53d.jpg

• Advertisement

Got a call at the start of the afternoon asking me whether I could come collect her today. Apparently the dealer already has someone wanting to rent my old Ninja 300 for the weekend but it would need to be limited to 25kw thus he needed it sooner if possible to do the work. I was more than happy to oblige. :D

Only got to do about 60km thus far in taking the long way home but I absolutely love it. The extra noise is going to take some getting used to, maybe have to buy myself some earplugs (or a better helmet :pac:) but it was a joy. Nice and comfy, lots of power (still only used it in low power mode though), it's gorgeous (with and without panniers) and plenty of buttons to play with ;)

Took a photo of the old bike and my dad initially didn't notice the difference since the styling is so similar although in person the Z1000SX is a good size up.

Tomorrow will take her on a run through the pre-alps which I hope to film (if I can find my camera.) and which I am immensely looking forward to. Going to be over 34 degrees as well! :D

I've attached some pics as promised (with one of my old bike thrown in for comparison).

BKtje wrote: »
    Got a call at the start of the afternoon asking me whether I could come collect her today. Apparently the dealer already has someone wanting to rent my old Ninja 300 for the weekend but it would need to be limited to 25kw thus he needed it sooner if possible to do the work. I was more than happy to oblige. :D

Only got to do about 60km thus far in taking the long way home but I absolutely love it. The extra noise is going to take some getting used to, maybe have to buy myself some earplugs (or a better helmet :pac:) but it was a joy. Nice and comfy, lots of power (still only used it in low power mode though), it's gorgeous (with and without panniers) and plenty of buttons to play with ;)

Took a photo of the old bike and my dad initially didn't notice the difference since the styling is so similar although in person the Z1000SX is a good size up.

Tomorrow will take her on a run through the pre-alps which I hope to film (if I can find my camera.) and which I am immensely looking forward to. Going to be over 34 degrees as well! :D

I've attached some pics as promised (with one of my old bike thrown in for comparison).

Its a striking bike I wish you the very best. Take it easy and she will give you hrs of pleasure.

Where you not tempted by the Kwacker Green at all?

Not for a second, though hesitated for a red one. There are some green bits, namely the suspension setter and endsv of the forks. Guess this way i can never forget what I'm on ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

looks well in the black imo

BKtje wrote: »
    Not for a second, though hesitated for a red one. There are some green bits, namely the suspension setter and endsv of the forks. Guess this way i can never forget what I'm on ;D

Nah, black in fact looks better then the red. The exhaust sticks out alot more (cosmetically speaking) on the green and red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Animal bike man. Although im surprised you think the stock exhausts on them are noisy. I would consider them quiet as a mouse... haha! Get some aftermarket exhausts on and then see what you think :p

Yeah i know they ain't really noisey but for me it's like the difference between me singing in the shower and a rock concert compared to old bike.

Went for a 150km spin through the pre alps yesterday. I seriously love the bike but it's quite thirsty. That said it's probably down to heavy uphil acceleration between hairpins, the gauge was in free fall but ****it, so much fun. :D

During normal sendible usage it claims to have a range left of 150km even though I'm on my last bar. Guess I'll see over next few months the cost of heavy vs light throttle.

Compared to a 250cc a new born baby is more thirsty.....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Yea, youve 4x 250s under ya now..!

Wossack wrote: »
    Yea, youve 4x 250s under ya now..!

And his own weight....lol ;)

More like 3.5 300cc :p

Stick more pics up mate with nice scenery in the background. Was in Switerland last year on the bike with a few lads off here, sadly I did not get to see much of the place which is a shame.

Only took one pic on that first ride but will be doing some touring over the summer so will get some more.

Advertisement