Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is the IBAN on my statement different from the one generated by the online IBAN c

Options
  • 14-05-2015 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello.  I have a non-resident current account with BoI. I'm trying to set up a transfer into that account from the Netherlands, so of course I need to provide  the IBAN. The problem I'm encountering is that the IBAN printed on my most recent statement (April 2015) is not the same as the IBAN I get when I use the web-based IBAN calculator on the BOI site.  I'm certain that the particulars are correct when I enter them into the IBAN calculator (the Branch code matches).

Which is the right IBAN  for me to use?  And why would there be this discrepancy?

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

bloscaidh wrote: »
    Hello.  I have a non-resident current account with BoI. I'm trying to set up a transfer into that account from the Netherlands, so of course I need to provide  the IBAN. The problem I'm encountering is that the IBAN printed on my most recent statement (April 2015) is not the same as the IBAN I get when I use the web-based IBAN calculator on the BOI site.  I'm certain that the particulars are correct when I enter them into the IBAN calculator (the Branch code matches).

Which is the right IBAN  for me to use?  And why would there be this discrepancy?

Thanks,

Jim
    Your IBAN takes the form:
    IEXXBOFIYYYYYYZZZZZZZZ
    Where:
    • XX is a 2-digit checksum
    • YYYYYY is your old sort code/NSC
    • ZZZZZZZZ is your account number
    Is everything the same in the two IBANs you have except for the XX?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Thanks,

Jim
    Hi bloscaidh, 

Thanks for your post.

As your query is account specific, we would like to look into this further for you.

Please send a PM with your full name, the branch you opened your account in and your phone number.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

28064212 wrote: »
    [*]Is everything the same in the two IBANs you have except for the XX?
    [*]
    If this in the case when the web based calculator is correct and not the statement.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bloscaidh

Thanks,

Jim
    Your IBAN takes the form:
    IEXXBOFIYYYYYYZZZZZZZZ
    Where:
    • XX is a 2-digit checksum
    • YYYYYY is your old sort code/NSC
    • ZZZZZZZZ is your account number

[*]
    Is everything the same in the two IBANs you have except for the XX?
    [*]
    Thank you.  The XX is different and the initial digit of the Y-series is different

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Thank you.  The XX is different and the initial digit of the Y-series is different

Jim
    All Irish sort codes start with a 9, which one of yours doesn't?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bloscaidh

Jim
    Sorry, I was doing this from memory (didn;t have the statement in front of me)  and got it wrong.  The IBAN  on my statement begins with IE30.  The part corresponding to the sort code (the  six digits following BOFI) is incorrect  on my statement  (the final two digits  are wrong)  but correct  on the online calculator.    So it seems  clear, as Tow wrote, that the online version is the one to use.  Janet asks that I send a  PM  with contact details.  I'm a bit reluctant to do that (I work in network security and know how insecure these channels are)  but I suppose I need to get this sorted.  At least now I understand why people have had difficulty transferring funds to this account,

JIm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Jim
    Sorry, I was doing this from memory (didn;t have the statement in front of me)  and got it wrong.  The IBAN  on my statement begins with IE30.  The part corresponding to the sort code (the  six digits following BOFI) is incorrect  on my statement  (the final two digits  are wrong)  but correct  on the online calculator.    So it seems  clear, as Tow wrote, that the online version is the one to use.  Janet asks that I send a  PM  with contact details.  I'm a bit reluctant to do that (I work in network security and know how insecure these channels are)  but I suppose I need to get this sorted.  At least now I understand why people have had difficulty transferring funds to this account,

JIm
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for your posts.

We would never ask for account number via PM. If you would like to call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 / +353 1 4044000 a representative will be happy to take some details and look into this for you.

Representative assisted hours are 8am – 12midnight Mon – Fri and 9am – 6pm Sat, Sun and Bank/Public Holidays.

Thanks

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Jim

JIm
    Hi Jim, 

I'm just seeing your PM now.
    I will respond to you there. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement