Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert english help please

Options
  • 14-05-2015 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hi just wondering for my englis poetry exam is it ok to just cover Lake isle of inisfree(nature) dulce et decorum est (war),midterm break (death),and midterm break and digging by seamus heaney for a poets work?

and maybe also a love poem or am i covered? any tips for english would be muh apprecaited also thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

If you have time try to do a love poem as well - you should be covered for practically everything then. I would recommend maybe being familiar with a couple of other poems from the theme of war/nature just to be 100% covered for every eventuality but no need to look at them in detail if you already know the ones you've mentioned well

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hannah dog

you don't need to study all them poems.
    only study dulce et decorum seamus Heaney and lake isle of inisfree hey cover everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

sazzobean wrote: »
    hi just wondering for my englis poetry exam is it ok to just cover Lake isle of inisfree(nature) dulce et decorum est (war),midterm break (death),and midterm break and digging by seamus heaney for a poets work?

and maybe also a love poem or am i covered? any tips for english would be muh apprecaited also thanks :)

A very simple love poem would be "He wishes for the cloths of heaven" by W.B. Yeats. It's eight lines long and very easy to grasp. If you do this poem you could leave out Digging by Seamus Heaney and talk about Yeats (Lake Isle of Innisfree and this poem) as your Poet work, should such a question come up.

Here's the poem:
    HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
    Enwrought with golden and silver light,
    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
    Of night and light and the half-light,
    I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

You have laods of poems there and you should be covered for everything for my JC I did Dulce est Decorum est, Base Details and The Road Not Taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alex_01

You are fine. The lake isle of Innisfree will likely cover everything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement