Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country house buying is auctioneer lying?

Options
  • 14-05-2015 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Keeping this brief. I offered and the house went sale agreed 9 months ago. The house is part of a 90 acre plot, of which 3 is going to be kept and fenced off around the house that I'm buying. The auctioneer from the very start has said the rest of the land will be sold on for forestry. Given the long delays I smell a rat. Online, the 90 odd acres does not show sale agreed although the auctioneer assures me that it is sold. Am I right to be suspicious here?

What I worry about is somebody buying the land next to me and applying for planning to build a house. The whole point of me buying this house was to have no neighbours. Should I trust the auctioneer??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

marsbar1 wrote: »
    Should I trust the auctioneer??

Absolutely, they're all grand lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

you broke my sarcasm meter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

The only way you can be certain that no one will attempt to build or at least look for permission to build beside you is for you to buy that land yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

You could go to council planning dept,
    see can you find out is there any plans for the land around you.
    Otherwise ,if you can build a house on site,1 ,
    its likely other people can do the same near you in future .
    Unless the land around is zoned for just farming .or forestry use.
    look on council website .
    I Know someone ,bought a small farm.10acres,
    knocked down old house 50 years ,old
    and just built a 5bed house in the same place .
    He owns 5 acres either side ,so no one can build close to his house.
    Ask him have you any documents to show the land is sold to council or some other government body.

Advertisement