Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is mail tracking apps accurate!????

Options
  • 14-05-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I have an app called itrackmail and its just used as a delivery report for when someone reads an email I send them. But I emailed a friend who lives in galway(i live in dublin) and it just said someone read her nails in California ( had an IP address too)
    Any one any experience of this app??
    Is someone reading emails or is it a glitch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Bpd or bipolar?

Mails""

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Probably a gmail, hotmail, yahoo etc account hosted in California.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Bpd or bipolar?

Yea possibly,I had sent 3 emails and all of them came back as read in California

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Yea possibly,I had sent 3 emails and all of them came back as read in California

Basically pointless then?

Why do you need delivery reports? A delivery report isn't the same as a read receipt. I have all my email accounts set not send either, once a sender sends an email they have no right to know if and when I read it IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I hate read receipts, never click yes when someone attaches it to an email.

OP if someone responds to your email, you'll known they got it. If they don't respond, you can assume they got it and they choose not to respond. Simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Google etc will auto follow any links in emails sent through their servers to prevent spammers finding out what addresses are real and what are fake. These services cant handle that.

Advertisement