Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running in Athenry

Options
  • 14-05-2015 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Are there any parks etc around Athenry where you could go jogging. I want to avoid running on the road and was wondering are there any routes that I could do 3 or 4 miles on grass or paths.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭motley

I have been running around Athenry looking for the same but no luck. My best suggestion would be Monivea Woods or the woods out by Derrydonnell. They are the only two places I have found but you have to drive to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Thanks. I will check out those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

There is a very active athletics club in Athenry (www.athenryac.com/). Why don't you give them a shout or post a question on the forum on their website. Even if you don't want to join the club I'm sure they would be happy to offer advice on running routes around Athenry.

Tmh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

There's Toberoe. The Woods in Derrydonnell just about 2 1/2 miles from Athenry, (the proposed site for Apple). You could cycle from the town. This might be a helpful link

http://www.mapmyrun.com/ie/athenry-c/derrydonnell-wood-5-23-km-run-11-04-2013-route-191621026

Advertisement