Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Degree

Options
  • 14-05-2015 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wanted to double check something (pretty certain I know the answer unfortunately).

I completed a level 6 course of two years. I then moved to the UK and did a degree there (level 8). Now that I'm back in Ireland, if I were to do a second degree, would I qualify for free fees or would the fact that I have a degree (even though it's not from Ireland) mean I have to pay EU fees? I remember when I did my first degree that the rule was something like you get one set of free fees for each year i.e. you get free fees the first time you do first year but if you repeat you pay or if you did a three year course and went back to do a four year course, you'd pay for the first three years but have free fees in the fourth).

Could anyone clarify please? It's looking like retraining is going to be more difficult than I thought :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Just to add also, if I go back to study I won't be working (or working very little). My partner will be but would be earning less than the student grant thresholds. Would I qualify for a grant to pay the fees for that reason or would the fact it's a second degree rule that out?

Thanks

Advertisement