Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retiring Maths teacher

Options
  • 14-05-2015 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am looking to buy a gift for my Maths teacher who is retiring. Since leaving school I have since also become a Maths teacher and have stayed in touch with her. I would like to get her something to acknowledge the fact she was partly responsible for my chosen career path and to thank her for all her help!
    Any suggestions...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

To be honest I would be focusing on getting her a nice useful gift rather than something maths related. Lots and lots of retirement gifts end up at the back of the press or even in the Charity Shops because people want to get them something career related.

It is always hard with Retirement gifts as normally the if there is something that the person wants/needs they have long bought it.

Would you consider a nice pendant/necklace or piece of jewellery? Otherwise a voucher for a weekend away might be nice.

Advertisement