Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Geography HL 2015 - predictions, guesses and discussion ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 yasminesue

what do yous think gonna come up in the physical and reginal section need helpppppp

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

yasminesue wrote: »
    what do yous think gonna come up in the physical and reginal section need helpppppp

Hoping for Isostacy + Formation of a rock

regional hopefully a physical region (burren) + tertiary in ireland... we'll see though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KA97

I havn't went over any of the elective yet, I've went over everything else but I'm not really confident with it all yet.

Should I just read through the elective once and then learn everything else in depth or what should I do? So little time left as I need to do some study for maths aswell :/

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tet2015

KA97 wrote: »
    I havn't went over any of the elective yet, I've went over everything else but I'm not really confident with it all yet.

Should I just read through the elective once and then learn everything else in depth or what should I do? So little time left as I need to do some study for maths aswell :/

It is really dependant on your ability to recall what you've learned in a short period of time on the day. If you don't have the best memory then I think it's best if you read over and study in everything else in depth. At least when you read over once or twice at regular intervals during the day you'll have enough info to BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ChloeMarrinan

I've covered characteristics of a soil, acceleration of erosion of a soil and human activities on a biome, should I cover more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 antifun

I haven't studied biomes at all, teacher didn't do it. Everyone here seems to have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

antifun wrote: »
    I haven't studied biomes at all, teacher didn't do it. Everyone here seems to have done it.

You did one of the options surely? Global Interdependence, Geoecology, Culture and Identity and The Athmospehere -Ocean Environment

Geoecology is the most commonly answered

• Registered Users Posts: 17 hannnah98

Does anyone else find it extremely hard to expand when they are given factors to talk about in regional for example what would be the factors that influence the development of one tertiary activity in a region of your choice ? I said the mezzogiorno and used the factors:physical landscape climate unique culture and communications. I don't think im right though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

It's so unfortunate geography is on after the worst exam of my life so far, I don't have the energy to go over everything.

Is anyone doing animal and plant adaptation to the biome? It hasn't been up since 2007, I think it's worth learning it again. Human interference with biome would be perfect, but that came up last year.

It's so unfortunate geography is on after the worst exam of my life so far, I don't have the energy to go over everything.

Is anyone doing animal and plant adaptation to the biome? It hasn't been up since 2007, I think it's worth learning it again. Human interference with biome would be perfect, but that came up last year.

Ya im learning the plant and animal adaption I think it has a strong chance of coming up. I really don't think human will come up as it came of last year and geography never really repeats , just guessing though.
    Aw it was a hard paper don't dwell on it too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Pacman96

hannnah98 wrote: »
    Ya im learning the plant and animal adaption I think it has a strong chance of coming up. I really don't think human will come up as it came of last year and geography never really repeats , just guessing though.
    Aw it was a hard paper don't dwell on it too much.

Influence of climate on the characteristics ! Watch out for it

Pacman96 wrote: »

ya your right that one too. Am I the only one not learning soil at all just banking on biome as it comes up every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

ya your right that one too. Am I the only one not learning soil at all just banking on biome as it comes up every year.

Guaranteed 2 biome questions at least this year, you'll get at least one don't worry

gracew wrote: »
    Guaranteed 2 biome questions at least this year, you'll get at least one don't worry

Thanks for that was getting a little worried :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RobynneMarie

any predictions for tomrrows exam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Anyone doing cultural for the option question?

I'm going over racial mixing, problems facing international migration, cultural region and language as a cultural indicator. What's everyone else doing?

Also, how much should you know on the Paris Basin for regional? Is it necessary to know it in detail or have a general idea for a comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

Anyone doing cultural for the option question?

I'm going over racial mixing, problems facing international migration, cultural region and language as a cultural indicator. What's everyone else doing?

Also, how much should you know on the Paris Basin for regional? Is it necessary to know it in detail or have a general idea for a comparison?

I'm doing religion as a cultural indicator, colonisation, language as a cultural indicator and just going over all the countries/conflicts/topics so if a surprise comes up I can mold an answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

We only did desert and tropical rainforest biomes and i'm getting confused the type of biomes they look for as im looking here puzzled at my exam papers..

What biome came up last year?
    Tropical rainforest?

Desert?

2012?
    Tropical rainforest?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭joe14

Pacman96 wrote: »

If that question came up what would I need to talk about.Cheers

Hoping It just asks about climate,Animals,soil and vegetation(thats never going to happen)

All I now is soil,animals,vegetation and animal life in the tropical rainforest biome.
    I also know overgrazing,overcropping and deforestation in the sahal.

Should I be alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DaveMc90

Are you given the key for the os map in the exam such as boundaries and such at the back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 kelly8249

can they ask a geoecology question solely on the influence of climate? not climate soils, etc?

We only did desert and tropical rainforest biomes and i'm getting confused the type of biomes they look for as im looking here puzzled at my exam papers..

Tropical rainforest?

Desert?

2012?
    Tropical rainforest?
    you only need to know one biome type
    joe14 wrote: »
    If that question came up what would I need to talk about.Cheers

Hoping It just asks about climate,Animals,soil and vegetation(thats never going to happen)

All I now is soil,animals,vegetation and animal life in the tropical rainforest biome.
    I also know overgrazing,overcropping and deforestation in the sahal.

Should I be alright?

how the climate influences soil characteristics the vegetation and animals
    any predictions for tomrrows exam

landform of erosion/deposition

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KA97

Would I be grand going in to the exam knowing eveerything about the biome except the human interaction with it ? Missed school when we did Hunan interaction so no point learning it now as it prob won't go in haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Anyone give me a hand for the biomes part quite confusing when its phrased quarly 😕
    2014 is obv human interaction Q (18)
    2013 is desert Q (17)
    2012 is human interaction tooQ (18)
    2011 is desert too Q (17)
    2010 is confusing Q (16) is desert??
    Q (17) is human interaction too??
    Whats Q 18 about???

KA97 wrote: »
    Would I be grand going in to the exam knowing eveerything about the biome except the human interaction with it ? Missed school when we did Hunan interaction so no point learning it now as it prob won't go in haha

I am doing that too it came up last year so im sure we will be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GaryL0904

Tropical rainforest?

Desert?

2012?
    Tropical rainforest?
    You only need one biome not two. I think tropical covers a wider range of topics than desert so I'd go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 iesdraob

Was wondering if someone would tell me their opinion and if its safe going in with:

Characteristics of Biome under three headings
    Plant and Animals adapt to Biome
    Human Activities on Biome

Should I add climate affect? Or prehaps a question on Soil Erosion?
    Love someones opinion...

Anyone think human interaction with the rock cycle is likely ?
    iesdraob wrote: »
    Was wondering if someone would tell me their opinion and if its safe going in with:

Love someones opinion...

ya I would definitely add climate than I think you will be well covered. Biomes always come up so I don't think there is a need for soil

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GaryL0904

iesdraob wrote: »

Love someones opinion...
    Isn't the climate directly linked to the characteristics and any adoptions that take place. Soil erosion would then be linked in to the climate if you were doing the tropical rainforest biome. I cant say anything for the desert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 iesdraob

ya I would definitely add climate than I think you will be well covered. Biomes always come up so I don't think there is a need for soil

Thank you very much. :)
    Just curious as in 2011, we only covered two of the three of the activites that impact biomes. Just in case it happened again, I wanted to be really covered. Probably just paranoid!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement