Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Geography HL 2015 - predictions, guesses and discussion ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ecoste

What's the timing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 iesdraob

GaryL0904 wrote: »
    Isn't the climate directly linked to the characteristics and any adoptions that take place. Soil erosion would then be linked in to the climate if you were doing the tropical rainforest biome. I cant say anything for the desert.

Thank you very much!!
    I am doing the tropical rainforest biome. From my notes, there is the characteristics question mentioning climate, then the opposite really with the climate mentioning its impact on characteristics. With different information for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

I have primary and tertiary activities in ireland learned for regional, does anybody recommend anymore i should study?

hannnah98 wrote: »
    ya I would definitely add climate than I think you will be well covered. Biomes always come up so I don't think there is a need for soil

Thank you very much. :)
    Just curious as in 2011, the question on human activities on biomes came up and we only covered two of the three of the activities that were an option. Just in case it happened again, I wanted to be really covered. Probably just paranoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Pacman96

joe14 wrote: »
    If that question came up what would I need to talk about.Cheers

Hoping It just asks about climate,Animals,soil and vegetation(thats never going to happen)

All I now is soil,animals,vegetation and animal life in the tropical rainforest biome.
    I also know overgrazing,overcropping and deforestation in the sahal.

Should I be alright?
    Flora fauna and soils !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

I was looking through the exam papers and I noticed that activities in an irish region came up with growth of an urban region in europe and a sketch map of a sub continental region in 2007, 2009 and 2011...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 andreideeu

Have a really good theory on what might come up for economical geography

Colonialism

2006 - yes
    2007 - no
    2008 - yes
    2009 - yes
    2010 - no
    2011 - yes
    2012 - yes
    2013 - no
    2014 - no
    2015 - if you look at the pattern it should be a yes

1-0-1-1-0-1-1-0-0 , it should continue with a 1

Have a very strong feeling it will come up..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ecoste

ecoste wrote: »
    What's the timing?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 hannnah98

Anyone?

short question 15 mins
    physical -36
    regional -36
    elective 36
    biome/soil-37
    10 mins leftover to look at paper at beginning or add more to questions

andreideeu wrote: »
    Have a really good theory on what might come up for economical geography

Colonialism

2006 - yes
    2007 - no
    2008 - yes
    2009 - yes
    2010 - no
    2011 - yes
    2012 - yes
    2013 - no
    2014 - no
    2015 - if you look at the pattern it should be a yes

1-0-1-1-0-1-1-0-0 , it should continue with a 1

Have a very strong feeling it will come up..

My teacher also predicted this, so that's a must for study.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 megspenguincup

Hi i know this will sound bad but iv literally only up to rocks studied and no regional can someone please tell me what needs to be done as in what will thought to be coming up,, i also do geogecology so i honestly dont have a clue help please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Anyone?

Read exam paper thoroughly 10 minutes
    Short questions 20 minutes
    5-7 minutes part A's
    12-15 minutes part B's and C's
    Option- 40 minutes
    Re-read exam 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Besta luck with it 2moro lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 flankerdo

Hi i know this will sound bad but iv literally only up to rocks studied and no regional can someone please tell me what needs to be done as in what will thought to be coming up,, i also do geogecology so i honestly dont have a clue help please

In all honesty it's going to be hard to get 3/3 essay titles in regional that you can answer on in one nights study but if you can manage to learn map of brazil with tertiary and secondary economic activities in both brazil and ireland you might have a shot at 2/3 :P if you can manage more I would add (urban growth in ireland and europe) and if you're worried about not being able to answer anything I would reccommend learning 5-7 points for a larger quantity of essays, that way you will atleast attain some marks :P

By brazil economic activities I meant Europe! sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

Honestly I don't think I'm ever going to know 100% everything for geography. There is too much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KA97

Do I need to learn the map for Italy and the Paris basin for a sketch map or just one of them ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 megspenguincup

flankerdo wrote: »
    In all honesty it's going to be hard to get 3/3 essay titles in regional that you can answer on in one nights study but if you can manage to learn map of brazil with tertiary and secondary economic activities in both brazil and ireland you might have a shot at 2/3 :P if you can manage more I would add (urban growth in ireland and europe) and if you're worried about not being able to answer anything I would reccommend learning 5-7 points for a larger quantity of essays, that way you will atleast attain some marks :P

Thank u so much such a big help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Kat97 wrote: »
    Honestly I don't think I'm ever going to know 100% everything for geography. There is too much :(

You only need 90% for the A1 ;) Plus you've 18-20% already in the bag, and another 18-20% from short Qs

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

You only need 90% for the A1 ;) Plus you've 18-20% already in the bag, and another 18-20% from short Qs

Very true, thank you! Didn't realise the short q's were so much.

Hard to believe I actually want to do geography in college :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Cheerios

Anyone know where I can find the answers to the short questions for each year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 TheNobleHylian

If Characteristics of a Biome,could you be asked specifically on Tropical Rainforest or Desert?

I have the Characteristics of a Desert Biome learnt off and the Human Interference with a Desert Biome but I'm afraid it'll be a Rainforest specific question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I'm reading influence of climate on biome, we haven't studied that!!! Oh my god.

I only have the three biome, and a sketchy soil characteristics one if everyone else fails. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

KA97 wrote: »
    Do I need to learn the map for Italy and the Paris basin for a sketch map or just one of them ? :)

Just one, it will come up saying European region!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

Can anyone give some notes on the weather sections of the short questions please? Like main stuff I should know for them

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ChloeMarrinan

Could someone please tell me how covered I'd be with soil & biome characteristics and human activity with both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

everyone seems to do biomes while i'm here stuck with a choice of doing either global interdependence or culture and identity..........
    best of luck guys
    may the srp's be ever in your favour

• Registered Users Posts: 33 catlin.

We've done atmosphere and ocean but does anyone know if just knowing the impact of climate on economic development, climate change (short/long term etc) and one the equatorial climate would be enough to get me by??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tcofla

Any good websites for short questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

I only know physical well, know a few questions here and there for both economic and regional, waking up at 5 tomorrow to look over biomes. What has my life come to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Just as another user asked, is there any handy website for information for short questions on weather for certain places?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement