Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 plus unable to connect to internet

• 15-05-2015 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭

The screen on my 6 plus broke about a month ago. I had it insured so went into the Carphone Warehouse to have it sent away (to Dublin) to be be fixed. They said if it couldn't be repaired I'd be given a new replacement. Called in today and they said a new phone had been sent back as mine was beyond repair. Weird thing is with this new one I can't connect to my wifi at home. I've put in the security code but nothing happens. I've noticed some other small issues too. As with all iPhones the time is automatically set but I noticed on mine it was out a few hours. Went to set it manually and according to it my time zone was in LA? :confused: The screen brightness also went to the lowest setting after a while without me changing it even though I had plenty of battery left. Also my contacts were listed with the surname first even though on my previous iPhone this wasn't the default setting.

Any ideas why any of this is happening? My main concern is not being able to connect to wifi but just thought I'd mention the rest of the issues in case they gave any clues as to what is wrong.

Edit: 4g is working fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Did you restore from a backup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

Zcott wrote: »
    Did you restore from a backup?

It was a brand new phone so I figured there was no need. Should I try that? Another thing I noticed is that the battery bar no longer shows what percentage is left like on my previous phone. There is just a battery bar there now but no percentage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Redo91 wrote: »
    It was a brand new phone so I figured there was no need. Should I try that? Another thing I noticed is that the battery bar no longer shows what percentage is left like on my previous phone. There is just a battery bar there now but no percentage.

Can't speak about the 6 but on my 4 the percentage has to be turned on via the settings.
    Settings>general>usage>battery percentage on.

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Can't speak about the 6 but on my 4 the percentage has to be turned on via the settings.
    Settings>general>usage>battery percentage on.

Cheers! Just found that there. No idea why it was the default setting on my previous 6 plus but not on this one. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

It wasn't the default setting, you either switched it on or -more likely- you had it displayed on a previous iPhone and when you restored from backup it was switched on. When you restore from a backup it will include all settings like sounds and batt percentage.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies. I got it all sorted in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

How?

Zcott wrote: »
    How?

I came home the next evening and my brother said he had started to have problems with the internet. He basically turned the router off and then back on again and it was working fine after that! :) Strange because when it wasn't working for me the previous evening when it was working fine for him.

Advertisement