Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 13), May 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Get this in early, I fear for us in Dundalk.

Could be embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

No great fixtures ? Maybe Bray v Pats with Crolly in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

justshane wrote: »
    No great fixtures ? Maybe Bray v Pats with Crolly in?

Galways and Bohs could be entertaining. Both sides like to play football.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Expect a tough game up in Galway, though we've probably been better away from home this season. Can see it being a draw.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

NIMAN wrote: »

Could be embarrassing.

That's the spirit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Could be embarrassing.
    I also fear for Derry. The fact they are missing a few players won't help them either. A glimmer of hope for the Candystripes is the fact Gartland looks like he won't be playing. Paddy Barrett's time to shine. Expect a comfortable two or three goal victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Limerick have already drawn with the champs and Rovers at home. They could pull off another shock against Cork. The rest of the matches look like straight forward affairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Cobh 3 wins from 3 under Henderson at home, we are missing defenders and going to make the lovely trip from Donegal to Cobh. God help me I must be crazy.
    Then again, another ground off the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

doncarlos wrote: »
    Limerick have already drawn with the champs and Rovers at home. They could pull off another shock against Cork. The rest of the matches look like straight forward affairs.

Looking forward to my last ever trip to Jackman tomorrow, I've been there way too many times as a LOI fan, what a kip. I'll go with a 1-0 win for City, goal to come from a long ball to Mark O'Sullivan who'll take a shot and it'll go in off Sheppards ass.

overshoot wrote: »
    Cobh 3 wins from 3 under Henderson at home, we are missing defenders and going to make the lovely trip from Donegal to Cobh. God help me I must be crazy.
    Then again, another ground off the list

Enjoy. Really like watching football at St. Colemans, especially on a nice night. Make sure to head into the clubhouse for a few pints, they usually allow you to bring out pints in plastic glasses on the hush hush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Would make the effort to head up if it was in Market Fields, even Rathbane!!!

No way am I wasting my time watching a game on crap pitch and ground like Jackman Park. 1-1 or sneaky Cork win for me.

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »
    Enjoy. Really like watching football at St. Colemans, especially on a nice night. Make sure to head into the clubhouse for a few pints, they usually allow you to bring out pints in plastic glasses on the hush hush.
    Few carloads down on an overnight trip so i imagine we will be following that advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Galways and Bohs could be entertaining. Both sides like to play football.

Guaranteed a nil-all now you've said that though...expect many cross field balls into the channels which simply run out of play.

Seriously though - Galway to get their first draw is my prediction. I wouldn't be too disappointed by that. Had my Galway scarf on at work today...getting queer looks off people since it was boiling hot in the office and I'm in Cork. Meh, gotta represent!

Sounds like a good game down in Galway, 1-1 after 15 minutes

Edit: 2-1 Galway now. Our defence is leaking a lot lately.

3 -1 fúck sake. Apparently Buttimer gave United a penalty for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Sounds like a good game down in Galway, 1-1 after 15 minutes

Edit: 2-1 Galway now. Our defence is leaking a lot lately.

3 -1 fúck sake. Apparently Buttimer gave United a penalty for nothing.

Buttimer costing me a bet...unless boh's score two without reply

Well he's given us a peno ourselves, 3-2, ridiculous game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shamrock Rovers 1-1 Longford Town approaching HT

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Each of the four top-six clubs that are playing are drawing.

Derry have been absolute pants to watch recently, showing little or no tactics.

How they are still at 0-0 on the hour mark in Oriel I simply can't understand.

Bus across the nets?

anyone have any updates on how boh's are doing against galway? I know its still 3-2...but is a goal for boh's coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's 4-2 now! Connolly with the goal

• Advertisement

4-3 now

another penalty in galway...5-3 galway:mad:

5-3! Bohs scored and then Galway got a penalty with the keeper being sent off.

Buttimer having a disaster by all accounts

Of course, that's par the course for him.

We didn't deserve anything by the sounds of things.

..... and Derry concede.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Wow , excellent display Galway United.

Have Galway all the players back who were missing the Derry game last week?

Sounds like cracker in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mountney is some substitute for Dundalk to have. Would get in every other team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Is there any chance Pats vs Dundalk will be live next week on RTE? Hasn't been announced yet.

Derry have been absolute pants to watch recently, showing little or no tactics.

How they are still at 0-0 on the hour mark in Oriel I simply can't understand.

Bus across the nets?
    Not really a bus to be fair. Derry were pretty comfortable for 90% of the match and had probably as many chances as we did. We created fcuk all. Too many aimless hoofs from Boyle and Barrett at the back. We did start to put Derry defence under serious pressure over from about the 75 minute mark and thankfully the goal eventually came. (not sure how it went in, dribbled into the net. Guessing Mountney's shot took a big deflection). Poor performance (bar Massey who was excellent) but three valuable points earned and our gap at the top maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Just back from the Galway game, probably the most bizarre and entertaining match I've seen in ages. Some fairly perplexing decisions made by the ref and linesmen, they probably evened themselves out over the 90 but the Bohs fans were ripping especially with the last penalty. The first two penalties I thought were dodgy (for the first I thought the Bohs keeper got the ball and then the second was outside the box), my initial reaction was the third one was a penalty as the Bohs keeper was nowhere near the ball.
    The rest of the game was mostly just chaos with some very sloppy defending thrown in, Prendergast for Bohs was especially tormented by Cunningham and Garcia. Galway probably deserved the win as they were slightly less of a shambles at the back and had a touch more cutting up front (the second last goal was an extremely well worked counter attack).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Have Galway all the players back who were missing the Derry game last week?

No. Hanley, Oji, Ludden, Byrne, Barry, Molloy, O'Connell and Cantwell were missing tonight.

No. Hanley, Oji, Ludden, Byrne, Barry, Molloy, O'Connell and Cantwell were missing tonight.

6pts from last 2 games without them, 7 goals scored.

Maybe bench them all when they are available again?;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Hopefully the last time Rovers play 442 against 451s.

Longford will probably feel they should've won that, missed some sitters, but tired for the crucial period midway through the second half.

14 goals in three fixtures and only one for Dundalk..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

dfx- wrote: »
    Hopefully the last time Rovers play 442 against 451s.

Longford will probably feel they should've won that, missed some sitters, but tired for the crucial period midway through the second half.

14 goals in three fixtures and only one for Dundalk..

Didn't think we should have won, rovers better side over all but thought we could have snuck a draw,especially with gary shaws 1v1 with the keeper,rovers did enough to scrap it,we did enough maybe not to lose!

Bray 1-0 St. Patricks Ath.

FT Limerick 0-1 Cork City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Poor performance from us tonight, bray looked like a team for most of the game won the middle of the park.

Trevor Croly - Football Genius

• Advertisement

The one side he had a good record against with Rovers was Pats, so good game for him to start with..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

There were about 20 Gardaí at the Limerick v City match tonight. Normal and public order unit (although, no dogs). There were 605 at the match. That'd be the equivalent of about 700 Gardaí at Lansdowne for a Cup Final. An absolute disgrace that this was forced on Limerick. I believe it costs €50 an hour to have one Garda at a matche. If they're there for 3 hours (say, half an hour before kick off and half an hour after), that's €3,000. At an average of a tenner a ticket, Limerick would've made about €6,000 on the gate. Imagine being forced to pay half your gate on that for a fixture that has no history of trouble.

Anyway, decent result. Had the chances to get another few, but happy with the three points and clean sheet. We'll probably have 5,000 now for Rovers on Friday (few will be looking at the League Cup game on Tuesday). Good result for us elsewhere, with Pats losing. 13 points and four places behind Dundalk, that must be them out of the title race. They're closer to the relegation zone than the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    There were 605 at the match.
    That's the bit Limerick should be concerned about.

I'm not sure how we are doing it... Or if we even deserve it...or if it can last... But 6 clear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Can't see 4-4-2 being used against the better teams. Looked quite porous in midfield at times.

Was the Longford number 16 Ben Mohamed? Looked a very decent player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted with three points. Should get a new manager every week.

anncoates wrote: »
    Was the Longford number 16 Ben Mohamed? Looked a very decent player.
    He's deadly isn't he? Looks a bit lightweight and you'd think he's gonna get knocked off the ball easily but he's so skilful and he just glides by players or else draws a foul. Love watching him play.

Mushy wrote: »
    Delighted with three points. Should get a new manager every week.

Ah here, you're getting one every month and a half as it is. Stop being greedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels won!
    Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    I believe it costs €50 an hour to have one Garda at a matche.

It depends, Shels have a flat rate with the Guards for our games. So if we have 100 or 1 at our match it costs the same.

2 EA Sports Cup 1/4 finals down for decision tonight.

19:45 Galway United vs Bohemians

20:00 UCC vs Dundalk

• Advertisement
Advertisement