Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

something positive!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Lovely article, I didn't know about some of the items listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I love the Dromana Gate. Found it by accident one day years ago and was ridiculously confused :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Maybe we should add more here so we can visit them :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I love the Dromana Gate. Found it by accident one day years ago and was ridiculously confused :D

When HBO were looking for locations in Ireland for Game of Thrones i wonder did they visit Waterford because places like that and the Comeragh mountains would fit right into the show,the woods in Lismore would of been perfect for it too

"Little Island" was also a filing location for Stanley Kubricks "Barry Lyndon". I believe that this scene was shot in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

I have to admit to being a bit suspicious of these type of columns. The cynic in me tells me that it was created as an ad feature for Burzza. How can a restaurant that's only open a few months be placed among sights like Lismore Castle etc? And a burger and pizza place is hardly unique to Waterford.

I have to admit to being a bit suspicious of these type of columns. The cynic in me tells me that it was created as an ad feature for Burzza. How can a restaurant that's only open a few months be placed among sights like Lismore Castle etc? And a burger and pizza place is hardly unique to Waterford.

To be honest I can't grasp your cynicism, This was quite cogent and thorough list of things that make Waterford unique.I knew this thread wouldn't be filled with positivity.

Whether you can grasp it or not is irrelevant. These type of posts are popping up more and more and I think advertisers have just found a clever way of getting a lot of shares. Honestly, do you really believe the 6 month old restaurant deserves to be on a list like that?

Whether you can grasp it or not is irrelevant. These type of posts are popping up more and more and I think advertisers have just found a clever way of getting a lot of shares. Honestly, do you really believe the 6 month old restaurant deserves to be on a list like that?

well I do agree with you on the restaurant and it's produce, but I think this was a good article that highlighted what's best about the county. It can't be in anyway negative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Well it has a burger in a pizza, never in my life have I ever come across that

well I do agree with you on the restaurant and it's produce, but I think this was a good article that highlighted what's best about the county. It can't be in anyway negative.

I'm not saying it's negative. The more of these articles that are circulated the better. However, where are they shared most? In Waterford. I actually think it's a very clever marketing gimmick. The author of the article can't be found online anywhere, which I thought was strange in this day and age.

Am I allowed be positively cynical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I'm not saying it's negative. The more of these articles that are circulated the better. However, where are they shared most? In Waterford. I actually think it's a very clever marketing gimmick. The author of the article can't be found online anywhere, which I thought was strange in this day and age.

Am I allowed be positively cynical?

And cynically positive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Along with about 5 other 'advertisments' for Geoffs, Guinness, Flahavans etc. So what? Its a great list and they say there is no such thing a a free lunch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

:pac: that was hilarious, thanks

I actually think it's a very clever marketing gimmick. The author of the article can't be found online anywhere, which I thought was strange in this day and age.

The author's name is on the top of the article with a link to his other posts and his Twitter handle :confused:

I think you're reading to much into it,if it was a top 10 list of the best things in Waterford and Burzza was number 1 then yeah id be a bit suspicious but it's a list of 34 things that Waterford has that Dublin does not ,the only reason i'd say the restaurant is in it is because of the pizza burger which to be honest looks terrible.

I must have missed that!

I've just seen the restaurant on a lot of lists and I'm wondering what I've missed. I went in there once and it was rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

The author's name is on the top of the article with a link to his other posts and his Twitter handle :confused:

I think you're reading to much into it,if it was a top 10 list of the best things in Waterford and Burzza was number 1 then yeah id be a bit suspicious but it's a list of 34 things that Waterford has that Dublin does not ,the only reason i'd say the restaurant is in it is because of the pizza burger which to be honest looks terrible.

ohh and another add for M&D bakery who along with Hickey's, Harney's and Barron's got the blaa PGI status... M&D can't compete in Waterford v mainly Hickey's and Harney's and have to go outside to sell their machines produced blaa which funnily out of the 4 bakeries is available in Dublin :D

Funfair wrote: »
    ohh and another add for M&D bakery who along with Hickey's, Harney's and Barron's got the blaa PGI status... M&D can't compete in Waterford v mainly Hickey's and Harney's and have to go outside to sell their machines produced blaa which funnily out of the 4 bakeries is available in Dublin :D

M&D cant compete in Waterford?? are you serious they are the biggest bakery and have been around for years.

Advertisement