Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre Early Houses & Irish Breakfasts

Options
  • 15-05-2015 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello,

Am planning an epic session with a group of mates.

Need some recommendations for in and around Dublin city centre:
    1. Best pubs good craic, old mans pubs authentic places good Guinness etc?
    2. Best places for an all day Irish breakfast?
    3. Best early houses what time they open any good ones? - not sad dens of iniquity never been in one so maybe they all are
    4. Is it possible to go hard all night and then go to an early house? Any ones that do breakfast?

Thanks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Slattery's on Capel st open from 7, although I don't think they start serving breakfast till about 9.

(God I don't know how I know this, I swear I'm not an alco.)

Edit: Now I remember, was at an all night blues event there last year and headed in hoping for a meal but the bartender said the cook did not get in till 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Breakfast in Slatterys is from 7 too you must have caught them on a bad day!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Montjuic

Is it possible to go on the beer all night in Dublin and then hit an early house?

Anyone ever done it this will be a weeknight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Montjuic wrote: »
    Is it possible to go on the beer all night in Dublin and then hit an early house?

Anyone ever done it this will be a weeknight

You'll be missing a few hours from 3am - 7am, unless you get a residents bar or a lock in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

The Slaney Bar & restaurant Terminal 2 Dublin Airport opens at 04.00 for beers & breakfast ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

On weekdays most early houses have their own regular clientele and do not take kindly to a bunch of people drinking since the night before rolling in. Quite a few won't even let you in in the first place (door staff or a ring-to-enter system that early in the morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Neds on Townsend St usually has groups in from the night before, always good craic, and it has a pool table in the smoking area. Opens at 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Chancery on the Quays, bring a hatchet in case...

Advertisement