Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual boot (Win 7/Ubuntu) RTC clock -1h issue

Options
  • 15-05-2015 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

I have a dual boot (Win 7/Ubuntu) PC. Whenever I boot into Linux the clock moves back an hour :confused:

Does anyone know why this happens and what I can do to resolve it ? I suspect its something to do with differences in the way the two O/S's deal with that clock-molesting nonsense we call "daylight saving time" but its a pain in the @r$€; having to readjust the clock every time I switch between two operating systems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

In the Lini OS can you set ntp time server ? I would say you are right in the +1 being obfuscated from the Bios clock.

ntpq -p <-- Check who he is synched with
    ntpd -q <-- force Sync

For example:
    ~]# ntpdate -q 0.rhel.pool.ntp.org
    When you find a satisfactory server, run the ntpdate command followed by one or more server addresses:
    ~]# ntpdate server_address... - use this to target an ntp server you may have to edit or vi the file /etc/ntp.conf to input the ntp server details

I know you are most likely probably aware of this as an option and possibly you want to force the time correct from Bios , im at a loss there is the fimrware at a level the lini guest supports or can you align bios with lini time and see if windows can pick up the gmt +1 setting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭I swindled the NSA

Just to clarify Ive just done a reboot into Ubuntu and another reboot back into Windoze.

11:30 Windows 7 running clock showing 1130 (correct time) shut down into windows and boot into Linux where the clock initially shows 1130 but after about a minute changed to 12:31

11:31 Shut down Linux (without changing clock) and rebooted into Windows where the clock now shows 10:32

11:34 Still in Windows manually readjusted clock from 10:34 to 11:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Just set it to external persistant time server = issue goes away . OR disable Daylight savings for lini ?

Advertisement