Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Card Replaced

Options
  • 15-05-2015 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Just a few questions about cancelling my current card and getting a new one with a new visa number. If a charge is attempted on the cancelled card will it go through
    Is there a charge for getting a card replaced

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

LiamHam82 wrote: »
    Just a few questions about cancelling my current card and getting a new one with a new visa number. If a charge is attempted on the cancelled card will it go through
    Is there a charge for getting a card replaced
    Hi LiamHam82, 

Thanks for your post.

If you cancel your card and request a new one, no new payments will go through.

If you have a Direct Debit set up to debit your card, these (continuous authority) payment will still go through. If you need to cancel a direct debit (continuous authority payment) from your card this can be done by contacting BOI direct on 0818365365 / 0035314044000 and a colleague will happily action your request.

The charge for a card re-issue on an ROI account is 8 euro or NI/UK account is 7 pound.

I hope this helps, 

Janette

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭LiamHam82

The reason why i want my card replaced is that Pc world have made a dupilcate unauthorised second charge on my card.  I have contacted them to try sort it out but no reply, is my money gone forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

LiamHam82 wrote: »
    The reason why i want my card replaced is that Pc world have made a dupilcate unauthorised second charge on my card.  I have contacted them to try sort it out but no reply, is my money gone forever
    Hi LiamHam82, 

Thanks for your post.

If you want to stop this payment from debiting your card again, please call 0818365365 / 0035314044000 and a colleague can action a request to stop this.

To have the transactions refunded, you will need to complete Visa Debit Transaction Dispute Form which is available to here.

I hope this helps, 

Janette

Advertisement