Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Benefit while being a dependent on disability allowance

Options
  • 15-05-2015 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi I will soon be claiming for maternity benefit on the form it asks if I would like to claim an increase for a dependent if they are earning less that 310 a week. My boyfriend claims disability allowance and I am a dependent on his money so is our 5year old and I work part time so he gets 275 a week for us. Does any one know Id be entitled to claim for him or my son, when he is already claiming for us as dependents.

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

This is where DSP are funny. If your partner is earning less than €310 a week, you may get an increase for him. However if he is in receipt of any DSP payment, you won't get an increase for him. Figure out the logic of that if you can. Crazy imo.

Advertisement