Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card issue

Options
  • 15-05-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Okay, yesterday my PC was working fine when all of a sudden a grey/green sceen came up.

When I rebooted it got to Windows screen and the Windows logo would freeze half-way through and then just a black screen.

I have it working now on a VGA cord. I tried switching the graphics card to another slot and it worked once. When I restarted it, the Windows logo would appear and after that the black screen would come again. The light(s) on the keyboard would go out at the same time as the Windows logo disappeared.

I'm wondering can it definitely be put down as a graphics card failure?

i5 3750K
    8GB
    AMD Radeon HD 7850 Core Edition

Ok, pretty much figure it to be the graphics card. I tried it again with the graphics card connected and started it in safe mode. In safe mode, I disabled the graphics card in Device Manager and it's working fine now.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 77 ✭✭Unruly Hector

I would download and install the latest graphics drivers for the card.. something might have got messed up...

How does the card look physically.. Any bulging capacitors on it, is the fan spinning when the card is powered on?

Advertisement