Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER JOB

Options
  • 15-05-2015 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

15 year old looking for summer job in northside of Dublin. Will be doing my jc in june but I've tried almost everywhere which all say the same 16+ if anyone has worked in dublin at 15 please let me know or if you know anyone that might take on a 15 year old id really appreciate it! Thankyou

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

There are two ways which you MIGHT get a summer job.

1. At a family member's business.
    2. Going around to local shops or anywhere that may employ a young person and enquiring about possible jobs / leaving your CV with them.

No one's going to come on here and offer you a job. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 justme123x

VG31 wrote: »
    There are two ways which you MIGHT get a summer job.

1. At a family member's business.
    2. Going around to local shops or anywhere that may employ a young person and enquiring about possible jobs / leaving your CV with them.

No one's going to come on here and offer you a job. ;)

I have nobody like that in my fam and Ive asked the age limit and its all 16:( thanks anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Children aged 15 may do 8 hours a week light work in school term time. The maximum working week for children outside school term time is 35 hours or up to 40 hours if they are on approved work experience.

I got that of a citizen information website thingy, dunno though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

A number of teenagers I know do a bit of childminding in the parent's own home during summer months.
    I don't think I would recommend taking on very young children or babies but what about school going children? 5-12 that kind of age group.
    A lot of parents are very stuck during summer months for extra help.

heldel00 wrote: »
    A number of teenagers I know do a bit of childminding in the parent's own home during summer months.
    I don't think I would recommend taking on very young children or babies but what about school going children? 5-12 that kind of age group.
    A lot of parents are very stuck during summer months for extra help.

I don't really know that many kids

• Advertisement

ElmW13 wrote: »
    Children aged 15 may do 8 hours a week light work in school term time. The maximum working week for children outside school term time is 35 hours or up to 40 hours if they are on approved work experience.

I got that of a citizen information website thingy, dunno though

Thats where i read it but every shop is telling me not until next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 EmmausCentre

Most employers won't employ someone of 15 due to child protection concerns and the additional paper work/ rules for employing a young person. . The other issue with starting work early now is that this will actually affect your pension (yes I know that is a verrrrry long way off) when you are in your 60's. It will be averaged out from when you start working from the age of 16 if you are paid through the books and PAYE system.. Unless you plan to work every week and pay a stamp every week I wouldn't bother at this point. This is dreadful because it will actually stop young people looking for work. The earlier posts were right, child minding or family work although I hate to say this if you are a boy the chance of getting child minding is very low. Wishing you all the best.

Advertisement