Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCU Interview

• 15-05-2015 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

Just received a strange email from DCU, to say

"I just wanted to quickly email you to let you know the decisions for your course will go out the end of May. Just because you didn't get an interview doesn't mean you haven't been successful so you won't be disappointed".

I don't know what to make of this. Why haven't they called for an interview? Is this a bad sign, or what? I'm really anxious now. Any advice? Has anyone ever been accepted, and not been for an interview?

i'd appreciate any advice. Thanks so much in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 Kaylalala

To which course have you applied?

I still haven't heard anything, and I am starting to get quite nervous. Assuming you've applied for mature entry as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

Kaylalala wrote: »
    To which course have you applied?

I still haven't heard anything, and I am starting to get quite nervous. Assuming you've applied for mature entry as well?

Hiya,

Yeah, I've applied for mature entry. I know, the anxiety over it is terrible, isn't it? What course do u hope to get? I received an email a couple of hours after I posted this from the college to say I won't be called for interview, but it doesn't mean I haven't been accepted, so I've not to worry. But I know for a fact my academic referee wasn't contacted, so I think it looks like a bad sign. Really upset over it. I think the chances of getting in on just my previous course (level 6) and my CAO statement are crap.

Depending on ur college, then on ur course, colleges get in touch with mature students up to June for interviews. So don't panic yet. Ur in a better place than me. CAO offers for mature students come out early July, as we're the first to get places, before they sort the FETAC & Leaving Cert students.

Good luck. Hope u get ur place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 Kaylalala

AKeenan348 wrote: »
    Hiya,

Yeah, I've applied for mature entry. I know, the anxiety over it is terrible, isn't it? What course do u hope to get? I received an email a couple of hours after I posted this from the college to say I won't be called for interview, but it doesn't mean I haven't been accepted, so I've not to worry. But I know for a fact my academic referee wasn't contacted, so I think it looks like a bad sign. Really upset over it. I think the chances of getting in on just my previous course (level 6) and my CAO statement are crap.

Depending on ur college, then on ur course, colleges get in touch with mature students up to June for interviews. So don't panic yet. Ur in a better place than me. CAO offers for mature students come out early July, as we're the first to get places, before they sort the FETAC & Leaving Cert students.

Good luck. Hope u get ur place.

Yeah, I feel like I'm going to die of impatience!! I know two of my references haven't been contacted yet either. I'm going for accounting and finance in DCU so I'm just really hoping they are running late this year.

4 and a half months from submitting to offers date is such a long time to to start planning and saving for starting college without getting the hopes up too much.

Don't worry too much until they let you know. Email could be a good thing!
    Good Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

Hiya,

Yeah, I feel the same. I'm so anxious about it. I'm just worried that they write back to you, if they're not going to accept you, so that you know not to wait on an CAO offer from them. On which case, I feel like they're putting the boot in. Emailing me that I wont be called for interview, but yet prolonging the agony. I bought a gorgeous dress for the interview and all. I'm just hoping the way she said, "so, you won't be disappointed" is kind of a little hint to say I got in. I'm grasping on to hope by my fingernails.

Thats a tough course you've chosen. A lot of modules and exams. I hope to be accepted for International Relations. Also at DCU. I know offers come out from CAO in early July for mature students. So I'll try and refrain from tearing my hair out, and just concentrate on getting my documents organised for SUSI. i felt like tearing them up, when i got that email, tbh.

Good luck with your application. Let me know, if you hear from DCU and I'll do the same.

Advertisement