Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bond & Seal primer

Options
  • 15-05-2015 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭

This is probably a question for Aidan_M_M but has anyone used the Bond & Seal primer with pvc or abs for that matter, I need to glue some PVC profiles and was wondering if its worthwhile using the primer or should I just scuff it and flame oxidize it.

[edit]
    Actually looking at the MSDS it looks like a serious product. I thought it might just be mek/xylene/acetone but it has plastic primer, etch primer, glass/stainless primer, xylene. This might be the only primer you ever need.

http://ehs.wuerth.com/ehs4customers/export/00888381.PDF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

If its important, I just scuff and use Bond n Seal Power. No primer needed. Tbh even ordinary bond and seal is excellent, I use it to glue down solar panels and Satellite dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Thanks, I wasn't aware there was a power version, I'll have to invest the next time I'm in the big smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

moodrater wrote: »
    Thanks, I wasn't aware there was a power version, I'll have to invest the next time I'm in the big smoke.
    I'd happily post you one of you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    I'd happily post you one of you want.

Thats a really kind offer thanks, I'll be heading to dublin airport to drop off people at the weekend so I'll be passing.

Advertisement